Honored Contributor

Re: Are scarves still in fashion?

@Sage04 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

Scarves are not for me. They make me feel as if I'm suffocating whether loose or just hanging. Same with gloves, but that's just me.

At least there are people who still wear them.

@Sage04 

A lot of ladies have said they "can't breathe" with a scarf on.  You aren't alone.  Sorry.

@ECBG  what I would like to do one day during the summer is get a light floral scarf and wear it with a solid color dress. I would have to make sure it is very loose.

@Sage04 

Your idea sounds lovely!  You could also wear it with a shirt/tunic and capris.  This is a loosely tied scarf and still pretty.

Buy Chiffon Scarf For Women Lightweight Satin Scarfs Long Silky Sheer  Scarves Wraps And Shawls For Fashion Dress Online in Taiwan. B08FLT7QN2

Contributor

I have a favorite high-end scarf shop in Paris that I have shopped at for over 30 years; I have some stunning scarves from there that I will always wear and that are of amazing quality and timeless design. These scarves look just as good today as they did when I first bought them. When I’m Paris I also enjoy picking up scarves at much less expensive places like Diwali and even, on occasion, Monoprix, but these are usually not long term keepers so I donate them when my tastes change. I’ve also been fortunate to source some wonderful, classic silk scarves (such as YSL, Balmain) from all over the world at great prices on e-Bay, and will frequently wear one of these with an all-black outfit when going to the symphony or opera. When visiting places like NYC, I don’t wear jewelry so a scarf really perks up an outfit. For work, I like to wear an Hermes scarf with a suit. Even in spring and summer I’ll sometimes wear a colorful Lilly Pulitzer scarf with casual clothes if I’m going to a heavily air conditioned restaurant or theater. Unlike those who feel they can’t breathe with a scarf around their neck, I feel naked without one, especially when going out at night.
Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum   Ladies in the 1930s, 40s, 50s would wear their scarves just inside their coat collars/necklines all the time, very stylish I always thought. I think they did this more for warmth yet they always seemed to be lovely silk or a thicker poly, nice prints. I remember my G'Moms always having a scarf with their coats.

I do this too in the coler temps, always a scarf around my neck. Scarves will never go out of style. I have LOTS.

Honored Contributor

@Carolina925   I have a few light weight ones of pastel colors that I may wear into the spring. I like to do this too also to lighten/ brighten up my outfit too.

Honored Contributor

Scarves are not a trend and will always be fashionable.

Esteemed Contributor

Wore a light blue one today over my yellow top.  I wear them in the winter, heavy ones, and light ones in the summer. Not everyday, but when I want to dress up, or make a plain top better looking.