Honored Contributor

Re: Are Recent Sales Making You Buy More?

[ Edited ]

@BunSnoop  - I like your pumpkin.  Smiley Happy   

I had my eye on two things here at the Q for awhile.  When free shipping and 10% on Rakuten came up yesterday, it a was good incentive for me to purchase!   I also had a 5.00 coupon from the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

--I do  watch for sales and do price comparsions  on everything it seems---but I did get the new iphone 15 for a great price at my local Xfinity store--am a customer too --and was just in for questions on it, but ended up buying one after so many great incentives. My 11 was starting to get weird after 3 years----

@wagirl 

My brother and I have an unproven theory that they do something to the phones to make them start acting weird after a few years. I am with AT & T, and mine is an 11 as well and it's starting to act weird. I am not at the point where I feel the need to replace it.

Last week I received an e-mail from AT & T about the new phone and the price was $1,000 dollars.

That's a hard pass for me. 

Respected Contributor

Here at QVC, nope. Nothing has jumped out at me for some time.  They may have "sales" and I am using that term loosely but you still have to deal with their c rappy shipping and return departments.  I have found so much better sale prices elsewhere and purchased from their online sites.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had a couple of items on my Wish List for a while and this weekend's FREE SHIPPING and our cold weather finally encouraged me to move them into the cart.

ETA: Nothing on sale, just the right time and FREE S&H saved me a trip to a couple of stores for inexpensive items that are needed and things I've never looked for at QVC. Smiley Happy Like the Free S&H on weekends!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's amazing that, when one starts to REALLY declutter and get rid of stuff, how quickly we realize how MUCH we've spent on stuff that may have given a momentary thrill at best....

When a lot of the stuff in the give away basket is almost new, never worn, or worse, is years old and still has tags on it or in the original unopened bag, the veil is lifted from our eyes.

Less to me IS more. There are things I think I'd like to hit the buy button on,then I think...."you've already got two or more of that....you're ONE person....use what you've got."

Yes it's boring not to always have new and exciting. Even when I use the mental excuse "I earned the money, I'll spend it however I want" I still pull back and say "that's just silly Othereen....you live alone and you already have FIVE of ___________!!!!"

O well. I still watch. I love Q and HSN for the fun of it... no politics and no one getting hurt...

But I have to admit....when it's on in the background, it's mostly on mute!!!

Too much jabber...! And NO VACUUMING on Sunday, in real life OR on Teevee....espeically on ITKWD.... (AAAHHHHHHH they're doing it right now!!!! First of six presentations in the 3 hour kitchen show!!!)

And today is Sunday..... so it should be....extraordinary!!! in every way!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

Here at QVC, nope. Nothing has jumped out at me for some time.  They may have "sales" and I am using that term loosely but you still have to deal with their c rappy shipping and return departments.  I have found so much better sale prices elsewhere and purchased from their online sites.

@Rockycoast  - As much as I order from the Q, I don't have issues with shipping.  My items arrive in a reasonable time period.  The very few items I returned were also handled in a timely manner.

Sorry you had issues.

Esteemed Contributor

Not at all.  The only things I purchased lately are a couple of Valarie Christmas candles.  Easy to decorate with and are pretty.

No clothes at all, how much does a retired person need?  I have more than enough clothes, shoes, etc.  I buy for need now no impulse buying and have saved a ton of money.  

Trusted Contributor

@icezeus 

Apple expects hardware (phones) to last for five to seven years. After that, they consider it vintage. It's called planned obsolescence. And yes, they do it to increase sales.

Honored Contributor

I pretty much know what we are needing clothing-wise.  Then if something comes up at a sale price, I bite.   Today for example, men's Jockey shorts came up on Lunchtime specials.  So there's a stocking stuffer for DH.  I've bought lounge pants from LS a few weeks ago.  I just accumulate the pkgs without opening.  There are also a couple for me.

Honored Contributor

No, I haven't bought much of anything lately and I am not looking to buy anything.

This morning, my husband went to the auto parts store to get something, when he came out, his old battery was dead.  He bought a new one...it's a good thing it died where he was. He didn't have far to go.

Then our 30 year old garage door controller died, so he bought a new one...he is installing it now.

My electric double range that was top of the line is acting up.....I am wondering if it will need replaced.  The electronics motherboard beeps for hours, unless I unplug it.  It is heavy and too difficult to move out from between the cabinets to do that.  Both ovens turn themselves off without warning and sometimes the burners refuse to turn on.

I am not thrilled about this.  It will probably cost a fortune to repair or replace it....but that day is coming.  In the meantime, I'll keep banging on the motherboard which seems to work, sometimes.

Yep, no shopping for me.  I don't need any clothing, but dang, the money keep going out anyway.

Oh, my dog is scheduled for a dental....estimate is about $1000 + or -.