Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are Brunettes Becoming Extinct at the Q??!!

A host's hair color is not a big deal to me.  I care more about his/her ability to present a product.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

Maybe they want them to look generic so we can’t tell who is hosting and don’t change the channel right away if it isn’t our favourite host,I find some of them look so much alike that I can’t figure out which one is hosting.

@dex 

Its almost like QVC is going for a certain "look" and some of them almost look like they have been cloned .....  even the new Cooks Essentials Vendor...I had to do a double take I thought it was Stacey.....😃

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Re hosts' hair:

I've been wonderng why I'm seeing so many of them with their hair styled so that it's almost covering their face.

And then the opposite look of the "top knot" that looks like someone plopped a doorknob on their head.

@ALRATIBA 

Whoever the hair stylist is always has the hair hanging in their eyes...It's annoying to both host and viewer as the host keep pushing the hair away from their eyes...Gabrielle was doing that this morning on a Q2 Dooney Show...I like Gabrielle and felt sorry for her because that hair near her eyes was was obviously irritating her...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Someone suggested it is a seasonal thing. Are all the hosts on HSN going blonde? Why does it seem to be the Q hosts?
Trusted Contributor

@AngelLove2 wrote:
Someone suggested it is a seasonal thing. Are all the hosts on HSN going blonde? Why does it seem to be the Q hosts?

Is it so that more will tune in to see everyone going blonde?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you watch various entertainment and news networks, you'll notice at least one whose female reporters and hosts are all blonde and very thin.  A few even live down to the dumb blonde stereotype.

Contributor

Totally agree. Tuned in this morning and Antonella use to be a beautiful woman but I was shocked she looks awful. The hair is not her plus it’s so dry and brittle looking. What was she thinking. 

Valued Contributor

A good hair stylist takes into account the client’s face shape and coloring. I have long questioned the advice these poor hosts are given.

I have watched Sharon Faetsch’s beautiful, healthy auburn hair get razored and ruined and I think whoever did that cut is doing the same thing to Amy’s  gorgeous hair as well. The cut is very similar to Maria McCool’s haircut and I think she owns the salon the hosts use.

Courtney K. has a gorgeous mane and would look beautiful with a paper bag over her head but in my opinion blonde is not compatible with her looks and coloring. As for Antonella, there are no words. Her hair looks fried and blonde is so wrong for her Mediterranean skin tone. Now she has black roots!

Honestly, my stylist here in upstate NY could give all these women so much better advice and a polished, updated  look as they all have great assets to work with. I feel sorry for the hosts; it can’t be easy.

Regular Contributor

Throw Jane T in the mix too!
Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

@kelshar wrote:

I know the reason Antonella is blonde is to hide her gray. Gray is less noticeable in blonde hair than dark hair.

What's wrong with being gray?  It shows maturity and life experience.  And, I bet the majority of viewers are gray. 

@Winkk, maybe there is nothing wrong with gray for some people but perhaps Antonella doesn't want to be gray.  

I won't ever have gray hair unless I absolutely have to.  I'm at the salon every 7 weeks to get it covered because it makes me feel better.  It's an individual choice.