Honored Contributor

Are Brunettes Becoming Extinct at the Q??!!

I've noticed that several of QVC's hosts who used to be brunettes have become blondes or quasi-blondes (multi-toned). Antonella is the most stark example. Others are: Courtney K, Courtney C., Elise, Amy, Mary... I don't know if it's a lightening-up-for-the-summer thing, or what? I guess the "natural" look is passé.

l think these women all looked better as brunettes-- there's more contrast with skin tone and eyes, and it's just more attractive, IMO.

l've been a brunette all of my life, and l intend to stay that way! 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

Re: Are Brunettes Becoming Extinct at the Q??!!

Good observation.

I am brunette also and would not look good with any blonde streaks or solid color.

I wonder if hosts are encouraged to be styled according to the Q's wishes.

Esteemed Contributor

I think they are being encouraged to go lighter. Makes no sense to me if that is the case.

Regular Contributor

I love Antonella to death but the too blonde hair and too tan skin is a little too much. She was absolutely beautiful before the change. I mean, if it’s what she wants and she feels better having done it then more power to her. Her personality and joy for life shines through no matter what!

Honored Contributor

Maybe they want them to look generic so we can’t tell who is hosting and don’t change the channel right away if it isn’t our favourite host,I find some of them look so much alike that I can’t figure out which one is hosting.

Respected Contributor

I hope these ladies are not being "asked" to go blonde for "ratings."

Honored Contributor

I've noticed it as well.  Amy has slowly been adding more and more blonde to her hair and then last week I noticed how blonde Elise is now. She is another I think looks fabulous with darker hair because it matches her eyes and skintone better.

Mary DeAngelis lightened her hair dramatically a long time ago.  Again, I'm not a fan of her hair color against her skintone.  

When Leah becomes blonde, I might have to be done.  

Honored Contributor

@dex  I agree wholeheartedly!!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I've noticed it as well.  Amy has slowly been adding more and more blonde to her hair and then last week I noticed how blonde Elise is now. She is another I think looks fabulous with darker hair because it matches her eyes and skintone better.

Mary DeAngelis lightened her hair dramatically a long time ago.  Again, I'm not a fan of her hair color against her skintone.  

When Leah becomes blonde, I might have to be done.  

@Lipstickdiva : And when Sandra succumbs, I'm done!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I've noticed the same thing happening on The Weather Channel.  Kelly Cass and others have become much "blonder" in the past few months.  Why??