Honored Contributor

Re: Are Brunettes Becoming Extinct at the Q??!!

@elated wrote:

I don't think the blonde highlights of blonde hair is flattering on everyone. I have hazel eyes, fair skin and reddish brown color. It looks good with my coloring. 

I wonder why they don't use Nick Chavez or Chaz Dean.  They are both excellent stylists. They seem to come to the Q on a regular basis. Maria is not a good stylists  many of the hosts hair look poorly cut. 

@elated.  When Nick Chavez is there and does Jane Treacy’s hair it looks 100% better.

Trusted Contributor

To be honest with you, they are on television.  Why aren't they going into Manhattan to have their hair done?  Spend the money and go to a top flight salon in the city.

Esteemed Contributor

Brunette's will never be extinct anywhere. I think those blond streaks ages them. I am lucky to have brown hair with red highlights that I was born with. I would never change that. I think the blonde looks fake also.

Regular Contributor

Antonella is on right now and that hair looks very much like a wig. Haven’t watched Q in ages so I came on this board to see if she was going through chemo treatment or something. The blonde w/ bangs is...not the best look on her.
Occasional Contributor

That's exactly whiat I was thinking.  Also, are they being told to act goofy?

Honored Contributor

On TV when women get older, they become blonds.  As opposed to grey.   How many soaps do you see when women become grandmas/grown children? Yes they become blond. Also lighter hair looks softer and more becoming.  Blonds do more fun and more money due to more work.

Esteemed Contributor

While I think that some women like Mary Beth look gorgeous with blonde hair, others like Antonella do not. To me, if their coloring doesn't match their hair, they look washed out. 

Esteemed Contributor

I watched Antonella's YouTube video about following your dreams and I think she looked really good.  Maybe there was initial surprise with her going blonde, but I guess I've gotten used to it.  I have no problems staying tuned in during her presentations, but I can't say that about some other hosts.  

I do think Q could use some different stylists behind the scenes, though.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Who flipping cares? They are selling products, since when does hair color have anything to do with anything?

Respected Contributor

Yes, I have noticed a definite hair lightening going through the Q. The one that stands out the most is Antonella. Not a good look at all.  With her skin tone/tanner it is too much of a blond coloring. She should go back to her brunette coloring. That looked real and  natural for her hair coloring and tone.