Honored Contributor

April 1 (NOT April Fool's), Beauty iQ Soon to be Online Only

[ Edited ]

So QVC has made their April 1st announcement about the channels:

The old Beauty iQ channel has officially become QVC3 TV. 

The new Beauty iQ will only be streaming video, online only, with items and tutorials -- beginning sometime this Spring.

QVC TV channels (until further notice) are:

QVC

QVC2

QVC3 (all pre-recorded video)

The titles have changed online and on my Roku as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: April 1 (NOT April Fool's), Beauty iQ Soon to be Online Only

It will certainly be interesting to see what the Q does with the main channel and Q2 now; it doesn't seem like there's enough diverse programming for two channels, especially with a third channel specifically designed to show repeat episodes.

Honored Contributor

I'm not interested in watching repeats.  

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper 

I didn't / don't watch when most programs that are live on QVC why would I watch reruns -- then again, I like re-runs for the old shows like Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens, etc.

I think viewers are dropping off rapidly IMO I know many long time viewers (me included) watch once in awhile.  I also noticed "Items Recently on Air" sometimes doesnt list all products shown just 1 or 2.  

I hardly buy from Q or others anymore.  Although, I did order Curtis Stone grill pan because copper chef grill pan I bought is junk & his products are wonderful IMO.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  I agree about the re-runs.  I have never watched them, and cannot see myself wanting to watch now.  I have read that some viewers like to watch pre-recorded shows to get a closer look at the item and see what they may have missed before.  I can understand that, but I'm just not interested.

I really don't see this as a long-term change for QVC though. What real profit can come from recorded shows?  It would seem to drain QVC resources more than anything else. 

Perhaps it's a placeholder for a future all-HSN channel??

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper - Honestly, my guess is that they entered into some kind of contractual arrangement for having a third channel, realized it wasn't working in its current format, and had to scramble to come up with something that might get more viewers. It wouldn't surprise me if "QVC3" or whatever they rename it as next week is gone by the end of the year.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc   Agreed!

The way QVC scrambles during the holiday season, perhaps it'll become it's 24-hr Christmas channel towards the end of the year. Smiley Wink