Honored Contributor

Appreciating some of the newer hosts!

I think whoever did the hiring and then training of several of the newer hosts, paid attention to softer, more pleasant voices and more natural personalities.

Then it seems they told them NOT to YELL! and not to talk too fast and to emphasize the item and how nice it is and the details and how they like it rather than where to wear it or how much the easy pay is every 4 minutes or how many are gone every minute.

And to actually respond to what the vendor is saying as if-what a concept- they are having a conversation rather than interrupting with a canned response!

I am noticing I am starting to listen again rather than not watching at all.

Whoever hired them must be a different person or just realized that so many were changing the channel, or never tuned in to begin with anymore!

Of course, some do sound nerovus or too fast.

Hopefully a producer or someone who thinks they know what will improve sales won't change this by telling them to "act" excited by yelling, shouting, while breathlessly saying how many are sold and talking as fast as they can!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Contributor

Re: Appreciating some of the newer hosts!

I agree with you also! The new hosts are great and all are very thorough about the products and not about themselves. Great job hiring these new hosts. Not one of them admires themselves in the monitor and they all dress professionally and suitably for what they are selling at the time. Congratulations to all the new hosts!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree.

I mentioned in another thread how much I enjoyed a Diamonique show with the new host Courtney.

Maybe the days of hiring "stars" or trying too hard to make a host a "personality" is over.

Honored Contributor

Yes, whoever hired this group did a great job.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

But there is one I tried to watch a few days ago - she was shorter with dark hair and was presenting SG's puffy coat. Kept the hood up for most of the presentation.  I watched through that and into the next item, but had to turn her off - she was yelling into her mike and I found it very annoying. No idea what her name is.  And there's another one - blonde. A very annoying pitch to her voice. I don't seem to be watching much any more.  Just caught a few of them and don't recognize any names.

Trusted Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

But there is one I tried to watch a few days ago - she was shorter with dark hair and was presenting SG's puffy coat. Kept the hood up for most of the presentation.  I watched through that and into the next item, but had to turn her off - she was yelling into her mike and I found it very annoying. No idea what her name is.  And there's another one - blonde. A very annoying pitch to her voice. I don't seem to be watching much any more.  Just caught a few of them and don't recognize any names.

I think I know the dark-haired host  you are referring to.  She seemed very different in looks and style than most of the hosts in the past.  I haven't seen enough of her to really have a strong opinion one way or the other, but she just looked so "unhost-like".  I'm not suggesting all hosts, male or female, need to be cookie-cutter pretty, they shouldn't have to be, nor are they all.  Just something about her was so different.

Then, too, there are always times I start out not caring for a host's style, and over time I grow to like them a lot.  It's funny that way.

Valued Contributor

The 2 new blondes--I don't know who's who--are great.  But I happened across a dark haired younger woman who drove me nuts.  She must have said "oh my gosh"  3 times in every sentence.  Bad as "super, super", "literally" and "amazing".  Just hope the really good new hosts don't get annoying after a year or two.  I liked Jennifer C. when she first started but but can't watch her anymore.  She's enthralled at looking at herself on the monitor.  

Honored Contributor

I believe Mary Beth trained at least a couple of the new hosts-- good choice, IMO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@blueroses47 wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

I think I know the dark-haired host  you are referring to.  She seemed very different in looks and style than most of the hosts in the past.  I haven't seen enough of her to really have a strong opinion one way or the other, but she just looked so "unhost-like".  I'm not suggesting all hosts, male or female, need to be cookie-cutter pretty, they shouldn't have to be, nor are they all.  Just something about her was so different.

Then, too, there are always times I start out not caring for a host's style, and over time I grow to like them a lot.  It's funny that way.

@blueroses47  @Perkup

There are 3 new dark haired hosts---Courtney, Alex, and Cathy......

Ive seen Courtney on a couple shows and I think she needs more practice and training time, she comes off as being very scripted and wooden in her personality. 

I havent seen Alex or Cathy yet............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bootsanne wrote:

The 2 new blondes--I don't know who's who--are great.  But I happened across a dark haired younger woman who drove me nuts.  She must have said "oh my gosh"  3 times in every sentence.  Bad as "super, super", "literally" and "amazing".  Just hope the really good new hosts don't get annoying after a year or two.  I liked Jennifer C. when she first started but but can't watch her anymore.  She's enthralled at looking at herself on the monitor.  

@bootsanne

I do very much like Katie McGee and Mary Nelson.  I didn't so much like the new Courtney nor Kristine  (who went on maternity leave)----they just seemed like they were reading off cards and didn't seem very natural in their comments about the products.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”