Esteemed Contributor

Re: Appreciating some of the newer hosts!

[ Edited ]

@Perkup wrote:

But there is one I tried to watch a few days ago - she was shorter with dark hair and was presenting SG's puffy coat. Kept the hood up for most of the presentation.  I watched through that and into the next item, but had to turn her off - she was yelling into her mike and I found it very annoying. No idea what her name is.  And there's another one - blonde. A very annoying pitch to her voice. I don't seem to be watching much any more.  Just caught a few of them and don't recognize any names.

I think I know which blonde you are talking about cause I thought the same exact thing.  

Some of the other new hosts are very good, they remind me of Gabrielle Kerr.

Esteemed Contributor

I think the brunette you are speaking about is named Alex

and the blonde Mary Nelson................agree with you on both points...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's Blogs on the new hosts............

https://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&q=meet+host+-+kathy&locat...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I just want to clarify one thing -  Katie Magee is one host I could not love more.  She does everything right in MHO.  I will stop and watch her selling anything. She is beautifully spoken, perfect voice, describes everything well, gives you all the info you need, and isn't overly impressed with herself.  She is fast becoming my favorite.

Those I refer to as new have been here a much shorter time than Katie.

Trusted Contributor

To me a lot of the current hosts seemed more calm in the beginning but then the longer they were on the air    ---- The faster they start. Talking and the silliness begin's of making up words, inappropriate clothes, my family story is every other word, etc. Etc.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Frequent Contributor

Just have David host ALL shows, but,.. tell him ahead of time, that edible cloth, is no such thing = instant success!

Honored Contributor

I am enjoying the newer hosts as well, MaryBeth did a great job training! I think it would be a difficult job, and not an easy one either. There is a new host on HSN that is on early mornings that I can not tolerate. She is very pretty and has a nice speaking voice, but she talks so fast and never lets the vendor say a word, its almost as if she is reading from a script........I can tolerate most things, but talking too fast is very hard, its too much work for me to try to keep up, and then it becomes unenjoyable.....Hope the new hosts are all successful! 

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1

Not the early AM ones (2 - 3AM time).  Horrible.  Rambling.  And LOUD.  Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I just want to clarify one thing -  Katie Magee is one host I could not love more.  She does everything right in MHO.  I will stop and watch her selling anything. She is beautifully spoken, perfect voice, describes everything well, gives you all the info you need, and isn't overly impressed with herself.  She is fast becoming my favorite.

Those I refer to as new have been here a much shorter time than Katie.

Glad you wrote this @Perkup, Katie Magee has been on for over a year! Heart

Valued Contributor

I'm more than ready for the new show hosts to replace three or four of the current supposedly seasoned show hosts; they are so much better and easy to watch.  Since there is so little new anyhow, I no longer will watch if I detest the show hosts' styles, and that is becomine more and more common.  Bring on the new!!!