Frequent Contributor

Anyone post a review lately??

In the past when I've posted a review it showed up under my nickname (same one used here).  The other day I got an email asking to review a recent purchase, which I did, and that review showed my first name -- which I'm not keen on.

In my account settings it says my nickname is also used for reviews.  I'm hesitant to post another review as I don't want name associated with it -- it's unusual and no one needs to know what I buy.  Is this happening to anyone else?

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone post a review lately??

After decades of leaving detailed reviews and achieving one of the highest review status levels here at QVC, I discovered my entire review history was wiped out and everything started from zero as QVC switched to "verified reviewer" just this past year.

So, my review efforts have dwindled to a minimal level. I will say I posted a review about a week ago, and it still went under my nickname, as have all of my new reviews.  

I really never let reviews persuade me to purchase or not, but sometimes the information can be helpful.

I agree, I would never want my real name to be used.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@greencardigan

I'm sorry that happened to you.

I'm wondering if responding to the email vs posting a review directly on the item caused them to use your name. Still no excuse QVC! 

I would send an email to the wonderful QVC SocialTeam and ask them to remove your review and not to use your name again in any reviews.

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

They are so good at taking care of so many things.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

After decades of leaving detailed reviews and achieving one of the highest review status levels here at QVC, I discovered my entire review history was wiped out and everything started from zero as QVC switched to "verified reviewer" just this past year.

So, my review efforts have dwindled to a minimal level. I will say I posted a review about a week ago, and it still went under my nickname, as have all of my new reviews.  

I really never let reviews persuade me to purchase or not, but sometimes the information can be helpful.

I agree, I would never want my real name to be used.  

@FancyPhillyshopper.  I'm in exactly the same situation and feel the same way.  My review-writing has dwindled to almost nothing after being a Top 20 reviewer.  I find the new system disorganized and ineffective.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@greencardigan - That is quite strange. I have posted a few reviews lately and all show just my system nickname. However, my reviews were added by clicking within the item page, not an email link. One thing I will note is that the required fields and setup of the new review system are not very user friendly, so unfortunately, it is not surprising to me that something went wrong. For example, when I posted two reviews within about a half hour, part of the second review retained a couple of lines I had typed in the first review, and of course I couldn't change them after noticing that, so now the review is fairly useless.

As for reaching out to the social team, it is unlikely that they will be able to help since reviews are administered by a third-party company. There's a possibility that a social team member could file a request to have your review removed, but I'm not sure even that has a high chance of success. Hope things work out better for you in the future! In case it might help, be sure to pay close attention to all the details the system is asking you for just before you submit your review—I seem to recall boxes to click to confirm certain details and a field for your name or email address. Good luck...

Honored Contributor

@greencardigan  - I've posted reviews recently and my forum nick name was used.

Frequent Contributor

@San Antonio Gal @loriqvc @Kachina624 @on the bay @FancyPhillyshopper 

Thanks for all your replies!  I was thinking it might be the email vs using the using the link through my account and since that was the difference it is likely why. I'll be cautious with future reviews.  Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@greencardigan.  I wouldn't want my first name used either. If they did, I'd be contacting the mods about having it removed.  The mods don't have anything to do with reviews but they know who does

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

The QVC site reviews have changed for me (drats). I first noticed with Kitchen Aid and Vionic....they post reviews from other seller sources. I think they should just post QVC buyer reviews.
Trusted Contributor

I have posted two reviews in the new year. I just checked. They both showed up under my nickname.