Occasional Contributor

Re: Anyone placing an order now and hoping the Q will get it there by Christmas?

I ordered a couple different TSV's this week and they have already shipped. I live on the West Coast and am not worried that I won't get them in time. We shall see!

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone placing an order now and hoping the Q will get it there by Christmas?

Many years ago I set myself a deadline for online orders (from anywhere) for Dec. 5th, for gift giving. So far it has worked out well for me. I ordered an item for myself on Sunday, EDD was for Monday 12/21 I will get it tomorrow per tracking info. I didn't care if this came on time or even after Christmas. Everyone needs to plan ahead for holiday gifts, no vendor can absolutely guarantee delivery, they have no control once an item leaves their facility. Too many variables out there between here and there.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Considering how many times I-80 has been closed already this year because of storms, I'll be thankful if my stuff shows up by the new year.    I never expect it so I don't order for specific dates in the winter.    Closed eastbound here right now.    You can't even find a parking spot, they're all stacked up with semis.     They do actually use trains to get the trailers where they need to be, but that doesn't help the trucks already on the road.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

To quote Aerosmith:  DREAM ON!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered a piece of jewelry on Sunday the 13th and was given a 12/28 delivery date! 

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't order anything from anywhere now and expect x-mas delivery.  It's not just QVC, it's everywhere.  All the carriers are overwhelmed with packages and they just aren't keeping up. So even if things leave the warehouse in a timely manner, you have no idea what the carrier is doing. 

I did most of my shopping on-line this year and with few exceptions, delivery was super slow.  Surprisingly, I ordered 2 items last week from QVC and both arrived in less than 5 days.  I placed an order on Monday from Amazon and it had an EDD of 12/24.  I didn't care if I got it for x-mas or not.  It arrived yesterday. 

I'm still waiting for the delivery of something I ordered from NY&Co. on Cyber Monday.  One item just arrived yesterday and I expect the other today.

Esteemed Contributor

so far the few items I've ordered have been shipped by pony express and are taking at least 6 days to reach my mailbox (which IMO is the major issue).  I did order 2 of today's TSV (the snow brooms).  I have one already but I wanted a 2nd one for me to take to work in the car and if it arrives in time, the other will be a gift for my brother.  If not, it won't be the end of the world as I've bought other gifts for him so I'm not counting on it arriving even though they say things ordered today will arrive before Christmas.

Honored Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

What does QVC do if the gift IS not received by Christmas?

Nothing as far as I know. Q cannot control what happens after it's shipped. I have read complaints on the forums where people did not receive their packages in time for Christmas.