Esteemed Contributor

Anyone placing an order now and hoping the Q will get it there by Christmas?

I did some of my shopping online this year with several companies. Some of the shipping on these items has been exceptionaly slow. An order from Toys R Us placed the end of November, just came yesterday.

I saw on the news that UPS and USPS are 'behind' this year and overwhelmed. Some of my packages weren't scanned after the initial scan, so I had no idea when stuff was coming.

I am glad everything finally arrived and I won't be ordering anything else at this point either.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone placing an order now and hoping the Q will get it there by Christmas?

I'm starting to get concerned about items I ordered.  Dates were from December 9 through 13 with estimated delivery dates of December 15 and 16.  It shows they shipped but seem to be in a holding pattern.  These are items I need to mail out of state. The Q always claims items will be delivered before Christmas -- hope so.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone placing an order now and hoping the Q will get it there by Christmas?

I would not order anything now & expect to get it in time for Christmas. A lot of my packages coming USPS & UPS have  been delivered earlier then the original delivery date. I just placed another order from iHerb Fri night & received it yesterday.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Order now?

Expect it by Christmas?

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I just wrote on another thread that i am still waiting for items that shipped on the 9th and there still isn't any tracking info...

So,no ...I would not trust anything to arrive on time if ordered anytime going forward...

This happens every year with the Q....promises that never come true...fortunately my gifts are here...what I have coming is for myself....

Honored Contributor

There are too many factors.  Q's warehouse personnel, carriers personnel/overcommitment and the weather.

Honored Contributor

I bought 2 items online for Christmas gifts and ordered them the middle of November. I would never count on getting anything from ANY company in time for Chirstimas if I ordered in December.

Just too many variables that companies have no control over.

Honored Contributor

What does QVC do if the gift IS not received by Christmas?

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Valued Contributor

Qvc and other stores cannot control the UPS and USPS sytem of delivering packages, so I would not trust packages to be delivered before Christmas ordered anytime in December.

I ordered two pieces of jewely Dec 1, both shipped out through USPS on Dec 2 and Dec 4. I got the first piece Dec 9, the usual amount of time it takes. The second one too much longer, a full two weeks to arrive. Both EST of arrival was Dec 10 and from the same warehouse. One was a day early and the other was 6 days after. That's why I say anything is iffy at this point.

Honored Contributor

I'm finished.  My last order had been promised for today.  It was on my doorstep before 9AM today.  I have no idea whether it arrived this morning or maybe last night. 

I know some packages don't arrive on time and we see the misses, but millions and millions of packages do show up on time.  Still, if I belonged to a family that exchanged lots of gifts, I'd be taking advantage of Christmas in July, August, September instesad of whining about the one package that arrived a day late or the one I had to pay some exorbitant cost to have it delivered on time.

The gift part of Christmas should be fun - for me that doesn't include last-minute mail.