Honored Contributor
On 9/10/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 9/9/2014 SPURT said:

When FB first started LR was very sensitive to the criticism and then LR changed her attitude and Lisa gave as good as she got......and good for her!!!..........But now by making statements about "the drama" she's just feeding the fire, because now these people know they are getting to her and are pushing the right buttons, unfortunately this is the way social media is.....I remember hearing Jill say, after 20 years with QVC she's developed a thick skin.....and Carolyn said she reads the comments and if they are constructive she tries to work on those areas (wearing larger sizes etc).....QVC wants FB to be part of the host's job, so she should either ignore it or start banishing the abusers.....

I think both sides go over the top---those that post overly mean and especially nasty comments, and "the defenders" who are just as bad and end up escalating things instead of ending them......

Another way to look at this is that she made ONE mention solely because the comments revolved around something that probably had hit quite hard -- the loss of her dear friend.

Now, if she should consistently refer to problems either on FB or these boards, then I'd agree that it would not be professional. I don't think hosts should make a habit of referring to childish gossip or cruel taunts from people who, IMO, act like -- no, worse -- than schoolyard brats.

As I told Stevie I did not realize that Lisa's FB situation involved the cruel comments made regarding the loss of her dear friend, Joan. That is indeed uncalled for and downright mean and Lisa had the right to call the bashers out!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
On 9/11/2014 SPURT said:
On 9/11/2014 stevieb said:

Wow, tough crowd... The Q (and ostensibly anybody else impacted) is supposed to just 'get over' Rivers' passing... after all, she was eight one... And Lisa, who mentioned <em>in passing</em>, having a bad week between FB and the loss of her friend, is guilty of 'all about me'... Personally, I can't blame Lisa for using, <em>within reason</em>, the platform available to her to call out some real pieces of work... As for the comment about Rivers, her age and getting over it, well, no comment. Any sufficient response would just get poofed anyway.

WOW....the comments on Lisa's FB had been removed so I didn't realize that the trashers and bashers made those crass comments about Joan's passing.....that's just awful.....One can only hope that karma bites them in the rear end as they get older and they "get their's"......

There were some very nice tributes and stories about Joan from some of the hosts---very touching...she seemed to be a kind and caring person.....and that's a big loss, because we definitely need more people like that in today's world....

Uh uh Spurt, that comment about Joan and getting over it was right within this very thread... See post #15.

The comments removed from Lisa's FB page were pretty much demeaning her personally, I believe.

So true about Joan, a good person and a true talent. Whether one enjoyed her brand of humor or not, she will be missed by so many...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
On 9/11/2014 SPURT said:
On 9/10/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 9/9/2014 SPURT said:

When FB first started LR was very sensitive to the criticism and then LR changed her attitude and Lisa gave as good as she got......and good for her!!!..........But now by making statements about "the drama" she's just feeding the fire, because now these people know they are getting to her and are pushing the right buttons, unfortunately this is the way social media is.....I remember hearing Jill say, after 20 years with QVC she's developed a thick skin.....and Carolyn said she reads the comments and if they are constructive she tries to work on those areas (wearing larger sizes etc).....QVC wants FB to be part of the host's job, so she should either ignore it or start banishing the abusers.....

I think both sides go over the top---those that post overly mean and especially nasty comments, and "the defenders" who are just as bad and end up escalating things instead of ending them......

Another way to look at this is that she made ONE mention solely because the comments revolved around something that probably had hit quite hard -- the loss of her dear friend.

Now, if she should consistently refer to problems either on FB or these boards, then I'd agree that it would not be professional. I don't think hosts should make a habit of referring to childish gossip or cruel taunts from people who, IMO, act like -- no, worse -- than schoolyard brats.

As I told Stevie I did not realize that Lisa's FB situation involved the cruel comments made regarding the loss of her dear friend, Joan. That is indeed uncalled for and downright mean and Lisa had the right to call the bashers out!!!

Hi, SPURT. Yes, but I also stand by my Post #24.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
On 9/11/2014 SPURT said:

Wow, tough crowd... The Q (and ostensibly anybody else impacted) is supposed to just 'get over' Rivers' passing... after all, she was eight one... And Lisa, who mentioned <em>in passing</em>, having a bad week between FB and the loss of her friend, is guilty of 'all about me'... Personally, I can't blame Lisa for using, <em>within reason</em>, the platform available to her to call out some real pieces of work... As for the comment about Rivers, her age and getting over it, well, no comment. Any sufficient response would just get poofed anyway.

WOW....the comments on Lisa's FB had been removed so I didn't realize that the trashers and bashers made those crass comments about Joan's passing.....that's just awful.....One can only hope that karma bites them in the rear and they "get their's" as they grow older ......

There were some very nice tributes and stories about Joan from some of the hosts---very touching...she seemed to be a kind and caring person.....and that's a big loss, because we definitely need more people like that in today's world....

I thought someone made a comment about her lip liner and she got upset about that.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor
On 9/12/2014 golfcartrider said:
On 9/11/2014 SPURT said:

WOW....the comments on Lisa's FB had been removed so I didn't realize that the trashers and bashers made those crass comments about Joan's passing.....that's just awful.....One can only hope that karma bites them in the rear and they "get their's" as they grow older ......

I thought someone made a comment about her lip liner and she got upset about that.

We seem to going in circles here. Was it something about the loss of a dear friend? Was it a rude comment about her looks?

What difference does it make? There are those who make it their mission to post cruel things to her FB page. So what if she made one quick mention of it?

It's one thing to critique a host's performance; it's quite another to go on a mission to tear a host down as a person.

The "adults" who engage in that kind of behavior deserve the mockery, not the target of their continual harassment.

And before you or anyone else starts accusing me of being, oh, what are the terms? A "plant"? A Lisa lover? An obsessed fan? forget it. It doesn't fit me.

I don't give a you-know-what about any of the hosts. To me, they're strangers doing a job on TV, not people who I consider to be enough a part of my world to want to engage them in any way, unless maybe I was dying to know what shade of lipstick one of them was wearing. But even then, probably not.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Added to all that's been said, regardless of the immediate provocation, Lisa said, as part of her little snit, that it had been an all around bad week... If she's like the rest of us mere mortals, things add up... The cumulative effect of multiple negative events takes its toll on everyone, particularly when one of those negative events involves a significant loss. Those who are too insensitive to get that need to rethink their humanity... As has been noted, it isn't as if Lisa launched into a diatribe, she merely mentioned her ire in passing and in a way that was not, to my mind, inappropriate.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor
On 9/9/2014 gypsybee said:

It took some digging on her FB page but apparently it had something to do with her quick trip to NYC to see Joan Rivers in the hospital. People asked her to report on Joan's condition and she, rightly, refused because, even if she did know, the HIPPA act prohibits her from saying it either on air or on a public media forum. I am not defending her; frankly I don't care for either Lisa or Joan Rivers. I'm just saying what was buried on her page.

One other thing: I realize Joan had a big following and Q has made plenty of money on her items, but I actually quit watching for a few days because of all the "tributes". Get over it QVC...anyone 81 yrs old and still going in for what may or may not have been unnecessary surgery should be aware of the consequences. IMO!!

Just an FYI-the HIPPA act applies to medical professionals like me-a RN,not Lisa.

However I totally agree with your post with the "tributes" all day & I also refrained from watching due to that-the regular news stations were doing it ALL DAY LONG IN THE NYC AREA-live in Long Island.

Lisa who willingly lives in the public eye which unfortunately brings out a lot of bad sides today, should learn to grow up,develop a thick skin & IGNORE IT! IMO-UNPROFESSIONAL TO AIR THIS NONSENSE ON LIVE TV!! I as a viewer don't want to hear this info from her while she is WORKING ON AIR & IMO-this makes her appear like a diva & the haters get off on that-sadly...