Super Contributor

Re: Anyone heard when vednors

There a couple vendors that are so loud and high energy, that I have to turn down the volume. But since working remotely, they are a little more mellow and found myself not having to turn the TV down. 

For the most part, I do want it to go back to normal, when vendors go back to the studio. There a few, that would work better by Skype.

Honored Contributor

Product people have always been unnecessary to me.

Back in the day, hosts did the heavy lifting.  It would be good to go back to that.  It's certainly one way to save money.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I also agree that it will be a while until we see the vendors back. Regardless of the stay at home orders being lifted, everyone is still being asked to socially distance. There will likely still be less people around for a while.

I also agree that I’ve liked how many of the hosts have adapted (although I am sooo over being told that it will end soon; it’s so hard blah blah blah). I am also finding that there are some people I really like better now - Kim Gravel, for example. The Skype tempers some of her “over the topness”, but she still exudes a positive energy that I’ve enjoyed.
Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Southeast PA is still on lockdown. Hard to say...

Yes Philadelphia and surrounding counties are still in the red zone...which means only essential things are happening.   Most people are still working from home.

Respected Contributor

I do not miss vendors AT ALL.

Respected Contributor

Doris Dalton said in her May 25th online chat with Paul and Judy that on-air representatives will not be returning to Studio Park until September 15.

Trusted Contributor

I am enjoying watching QVC more without the vendors on the set. It reminds me of when QVC was just beginning. Without the vendors there is less silliness, less talking over each other and the host actually presents the product in detail. I also prefer the way it is now without the host tasting the food. No more talking with food in their mouth, rolling of the eyes and less of the "happy dance" (which is not a dance just lifting of the arms and twirling around). The programs come across more professional and put the center of attention on the product where it should be. If as was mentioned in an earlier post that some of the hosts had trouble presenting without the vendors being there then maybe being a host is not the right job for them. They are technically just salespeople and should be able to do that without support.