Honored Contributor

might be back on air?

Thought maybe someone would have read/heard/seen something about QVC's plans to bring vendors back on air in person. 

I am tiring of not seeing vendors. It had gotten to the point there were too many vendors, and not every single item needed a vendor. But while the hosts are doing a super great job of presenting alone during this time, I am missing a lot of the vendors. Having them skype in or by phone is just not the same. 

CIJ is coming up, and I can't imagine VPH shows without Valerie and her sets. 

Hope they will be at least phased back in soon. Anyone have any ideas as to when that might be?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone heard when vednors

Southeast PA is still on lockdown. Hard to say...

Respected Contributor

Personally, the vendor appearances got to be more about the host and vendor and ensuing silliness than the items presented. I hope when on air appearances resume the emphasis is on product information. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think they will be back for awhile.  IMO, I am torn because I seem to be enjoying the host solo.  At least they chat a bit with the models when doing fashion/jewelry and many times HSN have their models miked so you hear the conversations. I do enjoy many of the vendors but am not really missing them.  I really can't take the skype/ phone stuff,

I find it more irritating than not.  

Respected Contributor

As was mentioned southeastern PA is still under the stay at home order. Governor Wolfe may lift some of these in early June but I doubt that the vendors will return for awhile. I am sure QVC and HSN will go beyond the restrictions once things are completely lifted. Plus many vendors may not want to come back on just yet. Everyone has a different feeling about this virus as far as their comfort level.

Regular Contributor

I also think it will be a while till the vendors return.  Most have to fly in to QVC.  It is another issue to consider.  

Honored Contributor

If we are lucky maybe their CIJ inventory is still in some foreign country and cant be shipped and CIJ will be cancelled.  One can only hope.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I like it better with the vendors participating from their homes.......less about themselves and hosts and more about the product...........

Esteemed Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I like it better with the vendors participating from their homes.......less about themselves and hosts and more about the product...........

@kelsey17  ... me too !!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal wrote:

I don't think they will be back for awhile.  IMO, I am torn because I seem to be enjoying the host solo.  At least they chat a bit with the models when doing fashion/jewelry and many times HSN have their models miked so you hear the conversations. I do enjoy many of the vendors but am not really missing them.  I really can't take the skype/ phone stuff,

I find it more irritating than not.  

--------------

It is always so awkward!  I guess because there is a delay, one is never sure when the other has stopped talking, so they cut each other off quite often.

I do like that there is less silly, time consuming chit-chat.  I have heard more important, pertinent info about the products than ever before!!