Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone else underwhelmed with the Memorial Day Sales on the Q?

I am never very impressed by QVC's so called sales. A few $ off is their idea of clearance. The weather has been too nice to be inside watching anyway. I saw they had the dynatrip bug zapper as the TSV. Nothing to see for me.

Super Contributor

I did buy a Northern Nights down blanket for $80 with free shipping. That was a great buy and I am excited to receive it!  Other than that, I was a little disappointed that QVC raised prices a few days before this weekend on the items I have in my wish list. No free shipping either.   It seems that you really have to watch the prices as even clearance prices change and go up now.

Eddie Bauer had a great sale so I stocked up on clothing for my husband and sons.  I noticed Coldwater Creek had a great sale too.  QVC may be missing the boat as holiday weekends are usually big shopping weekends.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 

Bealls Florida is one of my favorite online shopping destinations.

I recently purchased some beautiful acryclic flamingo wine goblets.  They were etched with palm trees and birds.  I will use them in my animal rescue gift baskets

Their items are unique and well priced.

Laughed about the "1" bathing suit for DH.  He must be the twin of my DH.  If I buy him more than one of anything he asks, "why?"

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

My sis and I shopped til we dopped locally on Saturday....lots of good deals in B&M stores 

of course

Valued Contributor

4 Easy Pays? That’s the big surprise deal? Unbelievable.

Valued Contributor

I see nothing but greed man nothing but greed.   That is no way to woo new online shoppers to your site.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

If you don't have great expectations, you're not disappointed.

@Kachina      LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

Just checked the items recently on air. Smiley Frustrated    Not much of a sale on anything.   Has anyone "scored" a sale?

Yes...but not here.  I found 4 pairs of sandals at Boscovs today...I find my best bargains there.  Sales are great...and added coupons...you can’t go wrong. 

I worked at Boscov's many moons ago.  I live in Florida now.  I agree they have the best sales.  Mr. Boscov was a smart man and he knew how to pull customers in.  I worked in public relations and those secret sales made the sales boom.  He was a good man and really came to each store.  I believe he passed last year, but I loved working there and shopping there.  

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing--same old things even on the specials. I won't pay $50 dollars including tax etc. Come on Q give us something else and cheaper.

Regular Contributor

I have gotten some really great Lunchtime Specials..lately, as you stated, no real bargains.  I didn't watch the Q yesterday as I was away, however, I couldn't sleep and it seems Jose Maran has been on since midnight and this morning after the news i turned to the Q to see what was on and, Jose Maran again...does anyone think we're seeing the same old, same old, things over and over ..and no real sales, when only a couple dollars are taken off, that is not really a sale..thanks the the Q I'm saving money!