Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else underwhelmed with the Memorial Day Sales on the Q?

QVCs prices are never appealing. They market to those in debt with their EZ Pay offers. EZ Pay to me is pointless. I buy something and pay it off in one fell swoop. Dont want to be paying for Honeybells I ordered in January for 6 months. Only those who live check to check benefit from EZ Pay

Occasional Contributor

I came in here in hopes of someone posting about the Memorial Day specials (or lack thereof), so i could vent my 2 cents.  I have been shopping on this site for at least 10 years, and although I don’t watch much QVC on TV, i am on the app a LOT.  

While retailers are having sales and lowering prices for Memorial Day, i see QVC is celebrating by raising prices on ALL of their clearance, Last Clicks, and yes, As Is items - just 2 days prior to the holiday weekend.  I save many item numbers on fashion items in my search list, and i am honestly shocked because it is not the usual 50 cents or $1 increase, but $3 to $10.  For a 19.99, $5 is a 25% increase.  I bought an As Is item A370036 a few weeks ago for $10, and it is now $19.99, that’s a 100% increase.  Huh?  It’s petty, really.   Items that have been hanging around forever?  Well, i hope that last pair of pants stays there forever. 

I think QVC feels their bargain comes in the form of Easy Pay, which I don’t use.  I cant see taking 6 months to pay for a T-shirt.  Easy pay doesn’t change the fact that it still costs what it costs.  Plus who can keep track of all those easy pays?

For years, i loved ordering from QVC, especially with not having the ability due to arthritis to walk the malls a lot. But now their prices are higher than just about any retailer.  The next time you want to order Clarks sandals, go to Amazon (I just bought the Clarks Lexi for $56 w/ free shipping), or even Macy’s on a holiday weekend and you’ll pay about $20 less.  Geesh even Dooney’s web site has free shipping every day and 25% off site-wide this weekend.

QVC, you need to have more competitive prices, then maybe I’ll come back.  

Super Contributor

totally not impressed either. i kept looking for easy pay on everything but it didn't materialize.

Trusted Contributor

Got a beautiful, new Dooney Zip Zip in Desert on EbAy for $97!  Glad I didn't purchase for $141 + shipping.

Regular Contributor

I just bought a Dooney - the Allison - for $168 on QVC.  Macy's has it for $218. 

Both offered free shipping.  Q has easy pay.

I think that's a good bargain.

I don't usually buy from QVC but this was a good find.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Dooney’s I saw on, are still $12.00 to ship, cray... Can’t believe anyone buys them here- 

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

The Dooney’s I saw on, are still $12.00 to ship, cray... Can’t believe anyone buys them here- 

ez pay?

Honored Contributor

I learned long ago that Q's idea of a sale is different from 99% of other retailers.  Smiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

@Skyegirl21 

That shipping on handbags is crazy...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart wrote:

I learned long ago that Q's idea of a sale is different from 99% of other retailers.  Smiley Happy  

@CalminHeart 

LOL....I think QVC has it's own dictionary with their own unique definitions of words:

"sale"   (I really laughed out loud for the whopping $2.43 savings on the "sale price" on an item I saw on air...how the host stopped from laughing I'll never know)

"clearance"

"new"  (they add a new color and now the entire item is considered "new", the product itself is not new, you just added a different color)Woman Frustrated

"special value"

"fashion/style show"  (so tired of seeing beauty products, personal care, and even luggage in what's supposed to be a fashion show..half of the show taken up with these products...Pretty soon they'll probably add  Kansas City Steaks, Power Washers, and Air Fryers ..would like to see fashion please!!!.----..i.e. AM STYLE, PM STYLE etc....)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”