Respected Contributor

Anyone else order the CELLA 4pc Turntable Set K54846? Strong Odor

[ Edited ]

My QVC package containing K54846 turntables had the worst toxic chemical smell that emanated beyond the box.  The odor was very strong even before opening.  Kept the mailing box in the garage, left the turntables in the sun for 2 days, nothing changed.

I returned to the post office and it was reeking; I was thinking the USPS mail clerk wouldn't accept it and was also worried putting this mess out in the mailing system. 

Sounds so dramatic but it was really bad.  When sending email to QVC for the return I said that this item truly should be recalled.  They were great as usual and responded that they have notified their Health & Safety department of my observation.  

What's crazy is that some reviews are great and adversely many mention the smell.  Anyone else get these and if so were they OK?

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else order the CELLA 4pc Turntable Set K54846? Strong Odor

I tried to cancel within seconds of ordering the turntable set...too late...and they even showed two separate orders for one so they sent me two boxes. They took a long time to arrive. Came yesterday and I have not opened... it they do have an odor...without opening the box it is not overwhelming, but it is noticeable. Will have to open them in the morning to get ready to take to post office...Q's mistake, my hassle. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rockygems123 

Yes I received mine and they had no odor at all.  I am very happy with them.  Haven't had time to finish reorganizing and have only washed and used the smaller two.

I did go and read the reviews and they overwhelmingly positive.  I wonder if it's the color, I got white.  All shipped together to customers and were contaminated in the truck? There must be some commonality since most gave great reviews. 

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@rockygems123 

Yes I received mine and they had no odor at all.  I am very happy with them.  Haven't had time to finish reorganizing and have only washed and used the smaller two.

I did go and read the reviews and they overwhelmingly positive.  I wonder if it's the color, I got white.  All shipped together to customers and were contaminated in the truck? There must be some commonality since most gave great reviews. 

same here

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123  Yours must have gotten sprayed with something.  I don't think I'd have wanted to handle it without gloves. Its a nice product, you should reorder.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@mspatmac 

Mine were white too.  Would love to know what the commonality is also as they seem to be constructed really well and I could use them.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

Agree, they must have been sprayed with something.

I'm tempted to reorder, which color did you get?  Mine were white.

Respected Contributor

Mine are fine.
Honored Contributor

@rockygems123    I have so!id opaque aqua ones that I ordered twice last fall and summer.  Use them somewhere in every room.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@rockygems123 mine were ok too.  I ordered white.  I did wash them before using.