Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else not buying a lot because who knows when they’ll go out again

@hooked on books 

I know the feeling.  Occasionally I see something and buy on impulse only to regret it.

At least you know you can return, even though it will cost you.  Sometimes though, those purchases turn out to be your favorite!

Respected Contributor

Not going out much so the clothes I have will do.  Spending extra on food but saving by not going to restaurants.  I think it evens out.  I think this pandemic has affected my shopping definately.  I stop and think, do I really need that?  Food on Q is selling like crazy.  Maybe it will make up for all the clothes and jewelry sales that are probably down.

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

I find myself only buying comfy clothes and not much else because I have no clue when  I'll go anywhere where I leave my vehicle again. The only  places I've been since this all started is to the vet parking lot to get my dogs meds and the pharmacy drive thru. Heck I could wear pj's doing that. And who cares what purse or shoes you have when you don't leave you vehicle. 

@Lali1 

I haven’t been anywhere that I had to get out of the car either. 

I have been fortunate to be working full time from home but I’ve been asked to go back to the office the week of the 25th. I’d rather continue working from home since I’m able to but they have a lot of safety measures in place and I have a private office that will be safe with the door closed.

Id just been starting to shop for spring/summer work clothes when all this started and stopped that completely. For a while I didn’t buy anything but food and household goods. Then I decided to treat myself and had fun buying nice loungewear for my work at home wardrobe.

Now that I know when I’m going back to the office I’m not really sure how to proceed shopping wise. If I’m behind closed doors 98% of the time at work do I really want/need new clothes regardless of the season?

Trusted Contributor

@Catch71, these jeans are definitely not a favorite! They are regular length and are almost a foot too long! It was almost funny except they are $96.00 jeans! All packaged up and ready to return! Glad for the 90 day return policy because I'm not in any hurry to go to the Post Office, LOL!!
Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

I find myself only buying comfy clothes and not much else because I have no clue when  I'll go anywhere where I leave my vehicle again. The only  places I've been since this all started is to the vet parking lot to get my dogs meds and the pharmacy drive thru. Heck I could wear pj's doing that. And who cares what purse or shoes you have when you don't leave you vehicle. 

@Lali1 

I haven’t been anywhere that I had to get out of the car either. 

I have been fortunate to be working full time from home but I’ve been asked to go back to the office the week of the 25th. I’d rather continue working from home since I’m able to but they have a lot of safety measures in place and I have a private office that will be safe with the door closed.

Id just been starting to shop for spring/summer work clothes when all this started and stopped that completely. For a while I didn’t buy anything but food and household goods. Then I decided to treat myself and had fun buying nice loungewear for my work at home wardrobe.

Now that I know when I’m going back to the office I’m not really sure how to proceed shopping wise. If I’m behind closed doors 98% of the time at work do I really want/need new clothes regardless of the season?

I completely understand. I've not bought anything since May 1and I still haven't received that item. Who knows what the future will bring. I don't need nice clothes if I can't afford to leave the house. 

Respected Contributor

I bought six pair of capri pajama sets from Kohls on sale.  The tops are solid and could be worn with jeans or pants  and no one would ever know they were from pajamas.  I wear the pajama sets around the house and to take dogs out.  I see no need for makeup.  I want a new handbag but since no one will ever see it, what is the point.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've bought no makeup, but had to replenish some skincare and bath and body products.   As for clothes I had bought a new dress and a couple of tops in March, but since then only one pair of NYDJ jeans (featuring rare embellishment and deeply discounted), two pairs of shoes (Easy Spirit clogs and Keds sneakers), and garden coveralls and a No Yank Tee from Duluth, and I refreshed my Wacoal bras and panties during a brand sale at Freshpair and Bare Necessities. With no place to go clothes don't seem important even for mood lifting. I can't even buy new stuff with the idea of cleaning out old because there's no place to take the old clothes right now for donation.  There may be a church somewhere accepting goods donations, but all of the resale shops (including Goodwill and Salvation Army) are closed here.   

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

I've bought no makeup, but had to replenish some skincare and bath and body products.   As for clothes I had bought a new dress and a couple of tops in March, but since then only one pair of NYDJ jeans (featuring rare embellishment and deeply discounted), two pairs of shoes (Easy Spirit clogs and Keds sneakers), and garden coveralls and a No Yank Tee from Duluth, and I refreshed my Wacoal bras and panties during a brand sale at Freshpair and Bare Necessities. With no place to go clothes don't seem important even for mood lifting. I can't even buy new stuff with the idea of cleaning out old because there's no place to take the old clothes right now for donation.  There may be a church somewhere accepting goods donations, but all of the resale shops (including Goodwill and Salvation Army) are closed here.   

How are the no yank tops, I see the commercials all the timeSmiley Happy