Contributor

Anyone else have a return NOT make it back to QVC?

I ordered an HP laptop from the Q, but it just didn't work right. A brand new laptop should be fast and not keep freezing up. Anyway, I carefully packed it up with the software and sent it back via USPS. After 13 days, the return status still says the status is unavailable. I've emailed CS twice. Once after ten days, and was told it was still at the local post office, and I should try again 12 days after mailing it. Today I emailed again--day 13--and again got a canned reply, telling me to wait til day 12. HELLO! I can't afford to eat the cost of a $700+ item. I'm afraid they won't believe I sent it back and won't issue a refund.

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone else have a return NOT make it back to QVC?

I've returned things that seemed to be lost, but they've always showed up eventually, sometimes it was three weeks. I wouldn't panic yet.
Valued Contributor

One time I had a return stuck at the post office. I was using the Q return label. And fortunately (if you look at it that way), it got stuck AFTER it had been scanned as Available for Pickup or whatever the first status is. They made me wait 2 weeks and then issued the refund. As far as I know, the item is still buried in the post office somewhere 2 years later. Good luck! That is a large amount of money to have your return be missing in action.

Contributor

Happy dance! Just got an email from QVC's CS saying they will issue a refund. Whew! I will sleep better tonight! Thanks, Customer Service!

Regular Contributor

I usually hand my package to the post office guy, he scans it & gives me a receipt with a tracking number on it. As long as you have proof that you sent it, QVC can't claim otherwise.

Super Contributor

Yes... make sure you have the package scanned at the desk at USPS, even if you have to stand on line. I used to deposit the package in the inside bin but after weeks of nail biting on some items, I decided getting the package scanned is the best way to go. A Postal employee explained to me that the info goes directly to the addressee when it is scanned and provides proof that the item was sent.

Super Contributor

That's great, nothing's worse than having a $700 problem hanging over your head.
Trusted Contributor

Same exact thing happened to me. I keep calling CS and they tell me the same thing .....it's still at the local post office. I don't understand why they don't have ups return labels also like HSN has. UPS is much faster.. Don't get it....they send the item by UPS but the return label is always for USPS. How things have changed and certainly not for the better.
Regular Contributor

you are not required to use the return label so if you prefer to ship from the post office or UPS or fedex because it's faster or cheaper that would be your choice, just like using the usually very very slow smart post to return things. QVC offers free pickup of the items using the return label from the post office. I use it every time I return something and always get a receipt. I returned the dyson cordless the other day and am not worried about when it arrives or if it never arrives because I have the confirmation the post office picked it up. It did show up on my bill and so I will pay this month and get the credit next month but that's not QVC's fault, or the post office, it's mine - I bought something and then chose to return it. And I can tell you the post office lost my priority mail with my taxes and it still has not scanned in two weeks Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Glad it arrived!

I haven't had one not get there. If you use their 'paid' label it really does take a very long time, as it's some sort of bulk shipping deal.