Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else SICK of all the gardening shows?

The gardening season on the shopping channels doesn't last long.  And when it's gone, it's gone for the rest of the entire year.  Not like the Christmas season or the PJ season or the makeup season.  Let the gardeners have thair time. There's other things on the TV I hear. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've really enjoyed the gardening shows this spring. And the hosts have been excellent in sharing their experiences with various plants. Nice to find some of the hosts are actually enjoying planting flowers and finding the joys of relaxing and inner peace which results from a pretty landscape you have DIY rather than had done professionally!! Great year for gardening on QVC with knowledgeable guests. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

No, I don't turn my TV on much.  I'd much rather read.

No one is making anyone watch TV.  Just change the channel or turn it off... yes, those words are said often, but it is a no brainer, but some people would rather complain.  I don't get it.

QVC and other shopping networks are there to sell, sell, sell.  It is spring,  and people are buying gardening supplies.  This is the time of year for this stuff.

Honored Contributor

QVC appears to jump on something, then milk it to death.  Same with showing the same styles and brands repeatedly.  It's their style.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchase garden supplies and plants from a beautiful nursery near my home. But, I still like to view the garden shows, often getting a few ideas for my own garden.

So, no, I'm not sick of gardening shows and enjoy watching a few each spring. We should embrace our interests and hobbies, without judgement. There's eventually something offered for everyone. Patience is the key :-). 

Honored Contributor

Yes I am.  It's a nice fantasy that maybe I will take up gardening.  However the reality is I prefer just to have a lot of it done for me.  I don't like getting my hands dirty and gardens need constant tending to. 

DH no longer mows so we have someone do it for us.  Our yard guy is also going to mulch the garden beds.  Now I just need to find someone who will do the weeding.

If I do buy a few plants I always buy local.  I know what I'm getting with no negative surprises in the mail.

Esteemed Contributor

Why buy, Breck's has been offering free shipping and sale prices .

Respected Contributor

I don't understand how anyone could be sick of a gardening show when they have the power within themselves to not to watch. 

But I also don't expect any one retailer to cater solely to my taste, needs, and interests.

Esteemed Contributor

I love plants, but I have had no luck wih my purchases from the Q. Two years I bought. Two years I've asked for repeats. Two years everything didn't make it. 

What they deliver has to be babied along and eventually you lose them.

They way oversell. They're happy to repeat, but nothing ever makes it. Now, I've got a lot of soil pots with nothing in them. I'm going to my local nursery.

I agree, the Q keeps at it until they've squeezed every dime out of a product. 

Soon it will be Christmas in July....

Valued Contributor

YES!