Super Contributor

Anyone Order Hummingbird Feeders?

Did anyone order the red glass hummingbird feeders that were on Carolyn's gardening show yesterday morning? I did, and when they were on the air, they were available and did not sell out.  When I checked my order status, they were "in process". Checked again yesterday evening and they are now backordered. If they would have indicated on the show that they had sold out, I would not have ordered. Now I don't know if I will even receive them.....ever. To say I'm a little peeved is an understatement. Wonder what the heck is going on.

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Order Hummingbird Feeders?

I ordered a set of them  - but, that was this morning, on wait list, so, I will see if I get them or not. Most of the time I have not had a problem with wait list items - except maybe two times that I can think of right now - so, be patient - they probably will get more in - I would give it probably a good 30 to 45 days though. It is super early in the season and if they were good sellers, they will get more in. Hopefully.

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

I did not.  My hummingbirds will only use a certain type of feeder.  Any time I try to introduce a different feeder they totally ignore it.

They were cute though!

Super Contributor

CAMOGIRL-- They are not on waitlist any longer, but now "no longer available", so hope that you get yours also. Checked around on the internet, and could find nothing like them, especially with the perches. Sure hope that they get here by late April.

Respected Contributor

WSFAN  -  Interesting, indeed...

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I did not.  My hummingbirds will only use a certain type of feeder.  Any time I try to introduce a different feeder they totally ignore it.

They were cute though!

Mine do the same thing!,,,,LOL

Valued Contributor

I wouldn't give up in the feeders yet.  It's only February 2nd, and there are months of gardening shows ahead.  I ordered a feeder a couple of years ago, and it was later in the season, not February for sure.  If I'm not mistaken, the gardening shows run through May, so it's entirely possible they'll refresh inventory.  

Esteemed Contributor

You do know that you can buy nicer, cheaper hummingbird feeders at your local box store, don't you?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

You do know that you can buy nicer, cheaper hummingbird feeders at your local box store, don't you?

Even online- Amazon, Drs. foster and smith, etc.

Honored Contributor

I've wondered about these glass feeders.  Sure, they look nice but will they break when dropped or knocked against a branch, for example?  They just don't seem practical.