Super Contributor

Anyone Get Prive Revaux The Shawn Progressive Blue Light Reading Glasses?

Hi Everyone,

Did anyone else here get the new Prive Revaux The Shawn Progressive Blue Light Reading Glasses?
This is my first time trying progressive reading glasses (I use 2.5 strength) and not sure how I feel about them so far. Definitely seems not a good fit, but maybe need to adjust my habits on how to "use" them lol.
Would love to hear other opinions from anyone that also bought them (please no Shawn comments lol!)!
Apparently since they quickly Sold Out there aren't any reviews sadly available to read ugh.
Thanks y'all! ✌😄😄
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Get Prive Revaux The Shawn Progressive Blue Light Reading Glasses?

I did, and I quickly returned them.

I could barely see out of them, near or far.  I got my exact same magnification as all my other readers.  But these progressive readers made me instantly dizzy.  My eyes felt strained.  There is no amount of getting used to them [for me] that will justify putting my eyes through that.

As much as I like my readers, I think the reason progressive readers are not as prevalent in the marketplace is because they may only work for a small percentage of people who wear readers.  A generic magnification, tweaked to be progressive, does not seem to be a good choice for eye health/vision.  

I will get a real prescription pair of glasses before ever wearing progressive readers.  

Esteemed Contributor

Got them, love them 

Super Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper I tend to agree about maybe only a small percentage of people that wear readers, can do Progressive Readers - ugh- really had high hopes but they really aren't working for me.
The one thing i DO like is the frames - really flattering for me - I know they say you can pop out the lenses and put in your own, but I'd have to find specifically reader lenses with my 2.5 magnification level that FIT these frames - not sure how easy that would be.
I also tend to spend a LOT less time in brick and mortar stores right now, so that makes it harder.
Thx for your reply!
Honored Contributor

@DooneyGal2  The same. 😃

I love the frames, and for a moment I considered keeping them and get prescription lenses put in them.  But I decided when I go that route I'll just get new frames. 

Trusted Contributor

@DooneyGal2   I have previously purchased 4 pair of their sunglasses (it was a 2 set TSV and I bought 2 sets).  When I recieved them all 4 of them were very crooked, enough so that you could obviously tell and the fit was terrible. I returned them and I would never purchase this brand again.  I love the Jonathan Paul fit over sunglasses best.