Contributor

Anyone Else order something and get confirmation ...then sorry, Waitlist?

Twice recently I order something, got a confirmation on the order then later I was notified that it was sold out and I was on waitlist? Wis a new trend? hy doesn't QVC let you know immediately tht the item s waitlisted? I ordered both items the minute it came on. I find it strange, I have ordered from QVC since day 1 and now could this be a new trend? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Else order something and get confirmation ...then sorry, Waitlist?

[ Edited ]

No, it's not strange.  Fairly common complaint here.  You were just lucky it didn't happen to you before.  

I just had an order do the same thing.  

Are their bean counters registering more stock than they actually have?  Who knows?  

We haven't received answers to a number of crazy things going on.  

Respected Contributor

Same here, only mine was a gift. I did bill to ship to expecting my cousin to receive it by Christmas, not unreasonable I'd say. A week later I got the waitlist/if we get it back in stock notice! I, too, ordered as soon as it was presented. No sell out sign posted during the show! I called and was told it had shipped. Great, right? Wrong, never received and doubt it was shipped. I've been with the Q before it was the Q but I'm about finished! I can't get around to shop so I need a store I know will come through for me!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Seems to be fairly common; however, my orders seem often to go to Advanced Order and, more recently, to Backorder.  Some folks here always respond to me that probably too many items were ordered.  That still bothers me because some hosts announce how many products are available over and over during each presentation. That suggests that someone has real time numbers. I do not believe that.

My experience is that bean counting has not been accurate for quite some time.  I cancelled several of those items that shifted to advanced order, waitlist, or backorder. However, I have let one order stand. That item, a Halloween product, originally was supposed to ship in September. Slowly and with no email notification, the shipping date kept moving. The last expected arrival date was Oct. 20.  It is Oct. 29 and the product still is saying "preparing your order." I know QVC cannot control cargo ships. But they can be more honest.

Hope your product is available soon.

Esteemed Contributor

This has been happening for quite some time. My complaint is when I place my order, "item is available", then "processing" for a week, then goes to "back order", finally to cancelled, item unavailable. 

I have had clearance items, go to back order! What???

They are presented as "when it's gone it's gone!" No more orders for this year. So how can clearance then go to back order status!

Super Contributor

I'm getting a lot of orders put through :IN STOCK"  with no problem.....then I look up my orders later because they haven't shipped and they are then marked ADVANCE ORDER with no ship date, even though I received an email with a ship date originally.
I cancel. I don't like to be lied to. If it is an advance order, post that on the item for sale.
Don't tell me two weeks later after it doesn't ship.
I got that with the blow mold candles....cancelled and got them at Walmart....immediate shipped.

Respected Contributor

@sommertime 

This is the same thing that is happened to me this past week. First it's in stock, then being processed, then back order. Not once, but 3 times on the same item.I looked just a little

@sommertime wrote:

This has been happening for quite some time. My complaint is when I place my order, "item is available", then "processing" for a week, then goes to "back order", finally to cancelled, item unavailable. 

I have had clearance items, go to back order! What???

They are presented as "when it's gone it's gone!" No more orders for this year. So how can clearance then go to back order status!

while ago and it states they have it in stock. ???? I've never had this ring around the rosy. 

Plus one other item showed shipped, but not tracking info. All it says is oops. called CS. I called and now they are sending another one out no charge? I find this totally bizarre.