Super Contributor

Anyone Else Having Orders/Packages Sitting At Post office For 10 Days?

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering what everyone is doing if their order is showing as being "Accepted" at their Post Office and via tracking you see it's been "Accepted" (? Not sure what that completely means) on the 3rd and it's now the 15th ~ should you be worried and contact QVC Customer Service, or chalk it up to Covid and figure it's still coming and all is well? This is something that's happened maybe 4 times in the past month, one time it worked out and my package eventually arrived, but starting to have doubts and wondering if some Post offices are so strained that packages are getting lost ugh.
Thanks so much for any thoughts, help! This one item I'm waiting on was to be a special gift to cheer up a friend, totally bumming!
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Else Having Orders/Packages Sitting At Post office For 10 Days?

[ Edited ]

It seems to me that if everyone that was experiencing a slight wait makes a fuss and keeps calling USPS, QVC, etc for packages that they do not really need urgently then the majority who realize the issues are due to COVID and are willing to patiently wait have their orders slowed even more!    Demanding special attention ASAP bogs the system down even more.  The post office is dealing with workers off sick, more than doubling of packages, temp workers not properly trained among other things.  Many, now, are depending on packages for needed items such as food, water, cleaning supplies, toiletries and posters here are boo hooing about getting their jewelry, shoes, clothing items, etc right away that they don't really need.  I have ordered a lot here and they have always come eventually.  

Respected Contributor

@DooneyGal2 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering what everyone is doing if their order is showing as being "Accepted" at their Post Office and via tracking you see it's been "Accepted" (? Not sure what that completely means) on the 3rd and it's now the 15th ~ should you be worried and contact QVC Customer Service, or chalk it up to Covid and figure it's still coming and all is well? This is something that's happened maybe 4 times in the past month, one time it worked out and my package eventually arrived, but starting to have doubts and wondering if some Post offices are so strained that packages are getting lost ugh.
Thanks so much for any thoughts, help! This one item I'm waiting on was to be a special gift to cheer up a friend, totally bumming!

@DooneyGal2  Same thing has happened to me. Item has been sitting in the Post Office since 7/3 and has not moved, I don't need it anymore found it in Amazon. It's going to be too late to send it back if I ever do get it.

Regular Contributor

Chances are it's lost or somebody else is enjoying it. After that long and no movement, I'd call QVC CS and request a refund.  Here in IL things get "stuck" aka lost in Hodgkins IL all the time.

Yes, we should expect delayed shipping times, however when it's sitting for 10 days in a facility, it's lost.

Valued Contributor

I don't think it's covid related. I get my orders from HSN , Penneys & Kohls within a week. QVC has a third party carrier & I think they wait until they have a certain amount of packages to move any for delivery. They get accepted but QVC doesn't move. I don't understand either.

Trusted Contributor

you have 30 days to return it from the time you receive it.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have one supposedly sitting somewhere since the first of the month.  

I get Amazon, Target and Walmart deliveries without being held up, so I suspect it’s something with qvc or the carriers they use.  

Regular Contributor

I have the same situation. Ordered 7/3 and here it is 7/15. What is odd is the delivery date on the email says 7/17. So, I guess technically it's not late but why the 2-week lag? Would have been informative to know.

Contributor

Yes - that has happened to me on most of my orders lately.   The packages finally show up.   Requires much patience (and trust) but all items I've ordered were eventually received.    Now returns are another story - found you must track that very carefully. 

Honored Contributor

Yes that is happening with me too.  I had a package sitting at my main post office waiting to go to my local post office for 3 weeks.  I went to the main po last Friday and showed them my tracking.  He took it in the back and came back 10 minutes later saying that they don't have it and that ups innovations automatically says it at the PO once it leaves them but it isn't the case.  I did finally get my package on Monday.