Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone Changing QVC Spending Habits for the New Year?

@september wrote:

@MrSour wrote:

As most of us are people of age we realize that QVC is overpriced on most of their products that is why they are going after the young money who haven't got a clue as to what things cost or don't care.

I'm not sure what "young money" refers to, but if it's younger people....they are the ones who shop at QVC the least, and are most likely to see if they can find better prices elsewhere.   

So your the one who is buying the twice baked potatoes

Esteemed Contributor

Yes.....I have plenty of clothes, shoes and purses and don't need anything. I also have things that I never wore. With the increase in prices, I will now only buy what I need.

Honored Contributor

no need.  I spent the last eight years changing my buying habits- QVC and elsewhere. Changing my local habits has been more difficult because I prefer to shop locally and live near wonderful sources, so the pandemic really helped me curtail mindless browsing which too often led to finding something I just had to carry home!   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I spent the "lockdown" sorting through, donating and organizing clothing, coats and shoes. I'm trying not to complicate my closet again.

Spending habits? If I do need to replace something, I look for site w/ free ship and free returns. I don't like to pay $3.50 to receive it and almost $ 8.00 to try something on and maybe return it...more times than not. 

I'm thinking I'm not the only one since sale and clearance shows have been running for months, even before the holidays.

Honored Contributor

I have all but stopped even watching QVC, let alone order anything anymore--what with the high cost of it all , just not worth it. I can find the same things elsewhere for less with free shipping and returns---

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I have all but stopped even watching QVC, let alone order anything anymore--what with the high cost of it all , just not worth it. I can find the same things elsewhere for less with free shipping and returns---

@wagirl  Can you tell me where you find these? I agree QVC is too high. My friend keeps complaining about the prices and I'd like to tell her where else to go. As for me, I don't shop here at all.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ --really don't have a certain store I order from--I usually just google the item and see what pops up -----no real method to my madness.Woman Wink 

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ --really don't have a certain store I order from--I usually just google the item and see what pops up -----no real method to my madness.Woman Wink 

@wagirl  Good idea. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

No, not changing my spending habits about qvc. Purchase very little from them. Purchased the holiday L&L containers this year and that was it. Programming doesn't offer anything new either.

Esteemed Contributor

Am cutting down on watching QVC and spending at QVC.  Last couple of months, hardly watched at all...mainly because of hosts' poor presenting skills and uninteresting/unwanted items being presented.