Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anybody toured the QVC headquarters? What surprised you?

Sounds like it would be a fun day! Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I was there several years ago. Not a long tour. We stayed at a nearby Holiday Inn and was told that most vendors stayed there, but we didn't run into any. I think Susan Graver is on so frequently that they bought or rented a condo or house for her.

Lots of companies have tours that are free. Used to be Hersheys did, potato chip factories do, Smuckers is free etc. They shouldn't charge since probably only the customers who buy from QVC would be interested in the tour anyway and it would be a nice customer service thing.

Super Contributor

I was surprised when I did a QVC tour AND watched a live studio audience show (In the Kitchen with David) that we were not allowed to meet the hosts. We received pretty crummy samples during the audience show. All that food they prepare on set did not go to the audience. I guess the hosts are too big of a celebrity to meet with people. LOL

Super Contributor

We happened to be in that area last Sept and I suggested to my DH that we take the tour. It was quite interesting and he seemed to enjoy it too. I took the opportunity to go into their store and search out "bronzo". Since I saw it numerous times on TV, never ordered it, and wanted to see what it looked like. I'm glad I did. I would never buy any thing labeled "bronzo". It screams CHEAP. That area in PA is quite lovely. And I love the King of Prussia Mall. If you're ever in that area, I recommend the tour.

Honored Contributor

My feeling is that with their over the top shipping fees, they can give their customers a free tour!!!

Honored Contributor

I suppose it makes sense an 'in depth' tour that includes lunch might incur costs, some of which would need to be covered. The $75 cost someone indicated seems a bit excessive to me. As for the routine tour, again, maybe a nominal fee is in order, though I agree with those that feel this is something they might do for customers. If the tours are scheduled and signed up for then it would seem to me costs could be contained and any charge at all might be small. If they run every hour on the hour then it makes sense that his could be a resource drain but a reasonable solution would be not to do it that way. At the end of the day, it doesn't much matter to me. As noted, if I ever find myself in the area, a tour would be interesting and while I'd like to opt for the more in depth experience, I don't think I'd dole out seventy five bucks for the 'privilege'.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I probably would take the cheaper tour. If I went, it would be with my husband, and I don't think I'd be willing to pay $150 for both of us to take the tour. That is a bit much.

Contributor

I was surprised at how small the sets really are.

Respected Contributor

I would love to go on a tour, but live way too far away. I can understand them charging an admission fee and from what I've read it's reasonable.

Contributor

I took the tour several years ago because my husband and I were in West Chester. The tour was informative and well-presented. The BEST part was meeting Mary Beth Roe, who was lovely in every way: warm, very friendly, and so beautiful! She was next on air after Jill, and came into the lobby to meet us. We saw Judy Crowell when we were at a restaurant; petite, pretty, and exactly as she appeared on air. I miss her on QVC!

Murphy came down the stairs in the lobby with Dan Hughes' wife, who was his trainer at the time. (Murphy's, not Dan's!) That was before they were married.

The most surprising part was the QVC store; I expected it to be much larger and have many more products than it did. It's very small. VERY small.