Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody Notice a Sudden Influx of "New" Posters?

@SunValley   You've made some good points. Sometimes there has to be a topic that a poster is passionate about, in order to get them posting....

but it seems to be a double edged sword, in that some long time posters get suspicious when someone new steps into something and has their say.   I have no problem with it, as that was how I started posting here. 

Frequent Contributor

Aloha! Well to some of us who have registration dates of many years but, few posts, we have more of a life than to consistently be posting thousands of posts onto the QVC forum, or writing hundreds of item reviews.  Go outside smell the flowers, be observant of nature's beauty! All this time spent on the internet is lost time that could've been spent doing something more productive. If someone is on the computer all the time reading/writing posts they perhaps ought to consider why are they doing this. Gotta go, walk on the beach is calling! Heart

Frequent Contributor

I probably dont' fit into the catagory as a new poster anymore, but I was one of those that would read some of the blogs on and off for a very long time.

Don't know what pushed me to make the decision to start posting here and there, but I am.

I think that there are probably a lot of people like this out there, and maybe until they really, really have a beef, or some type of a comment, do they post.

Honored Contributor

Very interesting.  I tend to take posters at face value, but I'm sure shady things do happen.

Honored Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

I don't pay any attention to poster's names, nicknames, or numbers of posts.  I will notice a unique picture, like the swimming shark.  I could not tell you that poster's name however.

alpha4.gif

Nice to meet ya'

Trusted Contributor

@akdld wrote:

Aloha! Well to some of us who have registration dates of many years but, few posts, we have more of a life than to consistently be posting thousands of posts onto the QVC forum, or writing hundreds of item reviews.  Go outside smell the flowers, be observant of nature's beauty! All this time spent on the internet is lost time that could've been spent doing something more productive. If someone is on the computer all the time reading/writing posts they perhaps ought to consider why are they doing this. Gotta go, walk on the beach is calling! Heart

@akdld some of us have physical limitations and can't walk. Don't assume we are able to do just that. Not all of us are here "all the time" so I for one don't need to consider anything. Since I can't go for a walk, or am not able to do something more productive due to pain, I will surf the net all I want as it is my time to with as I please.

Honored Contributor

There are so many very helpful posters here; and I don't pay any attention to who is who, as far as nics and differing viewpoints.  A few posters' nics 'pop into my mind' here and there, but as far as keeping track of who says what, I don't.   I'm just grateful that I have a place to keep in touch with other nice folks across this country.   Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor

Hello y'all!  My second post ever! I've been reading & enjoying these Forums  a long time, & have found them entertaining & helpful. A poster asked for prayers & I felt compelled to reply. No ulterior motive here! 

Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

@akdld wrote:

@akdld some of us have physical limitations and can't walk. Don't assume we are able to do just that. Not all of us are here "all the time" so I for one don't need to consider anything. Since I can't go for a walk, or am not able to do something more productive due to pain, I will surf the net all I want as it is my time to with as I please.

I think I am being very productive when I am on the Q forum.

http://zeezoey.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/cats-watching-QVC.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

New posters? Great -- and welcome! New energy and perspectives always welcomed.

Judging why people post and spend so much time in this forum? To what end? Why all the judgement? It just leads to intellectual and spiritual constipation. IMO

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau