Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody 'Christmased-out" ???

@corita wrote:

For some reason., I am not so excited about the Christmas shows this year.  I watched all of the Christmas in July shows. And even, purchased some items!   Just seems to be more excessive than usual!  I have always liked Valerie's shows, but today I kept changing channels.   I am over the mercury glass, battery illuminated items.  Too much glitter too.  Guess I'll take a break until Winter.....

I don't watch Q much but why are they still doing Christmas.  Most of the items I have seen you can get those types of items at Ross.

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

The Q must lose a bundle with excessive Christmas shows from July to two weeks before Christmas.

And they repeat on the Q and Q2 so they don't miss out on a possible sale.

If they were "losing a bundle" they wouldn't be having the shows. Since they keep it up, it must actually make them money hand over fist.

The Q shows many many products over and over and over again, but their financials keep going down.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

The Q must lose a bundle with excessive Christmas shows from July to two weeks before Christmas.

If they were "losing a bundle" they wouldn't be having the shows. Since they keep it up, it must actually make them money hand over fist.

The Q shows many many products over and over and over again, but their financials keep going down.

True @febe1... While it might be easy to make the assumption, as some have for years, that 'it must be working for them or they wouldn't do it', the numbers aren't bearing that out... It seems more that they're either stuck in a rut or don't know what else to do, or both... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

True @febe1... While it might be easy to make the assumption, as some have for years, that 'it must be working for them or they wouldn't do it', the numbers aren't bearing that out... It seems more that they're either stuck in a rut or don't know what else to do, or both... 

It's a crying shame the repetitiveness of so few items, @stevieb.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@febe1... And it's been that way for years... I guess some are folks are either just now catching on or are just now reaching their saturation points... Regardless, the hens are coming home to roost and I see by reading the 'spin' they try to put out there that while they claim to be offering new and different, it all really just looks like more of the same... When you couple that with high prices, oft times questionable quality, boring programming, frantic, annoying hosts and, of course, the shipping situation, well, it's no wonder the financials keep sinking quarter after quarter. Some will be quick to point out that retail is down all over, but the thing is, at one time QVC was crowing about their seeming 'teflon' status. Well, those days are over and they really need to be making some significant changes if they want to retain what appears to be a dwindling customer base.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@febe1... And it's been that way for years... I guess some are folks are either just now catching on or are just now reaching their saturation points... Regardless, the hens are coming home to roost and I see by reading the 'spin' they try to put out there that while they claim to be offering new and different, it all really just looks like more of the same... When you couple that with high prices, oft times questionable quality, boring programming, frantic, annoying hosts and, of course, the shipping situation, well, it's no wonder the financials keep sinking quarter after quarter. Some will be quick to point out that retail is down all over, but the thing is, at one time QVC was crowing about their seeming 'teflon' status. Well, those days are over and they really need to be making some significant changes if they want to retain what appears to be a dwindling customer base.

@stevieb, just look how long it took them to finally GIVE free S&H for returns. And it should be for everything, not just same items. Some might say better late than never, but to me it's just not competing, resting on their laurels, and expecting the sun was going to shine every day forever!

Trusted Contributor

I was soooo over Christmas last year.  When I saw my first Christmas commercial in late September, I thought to myself, "WHY??".  It's crazy.  It's so commercialized.  It's just plain sad. 

I'll be traveling to St. Thomas this Christmas.  Leaving on the 23rd of December.  Returning the 30th of December.  No presents.  No decorating.  No cooking.  No baking.  Just me, the white sand, the turquoise ocean and no crazy!!

Super Contributor

I don't watch when they begin in September.  I do not like the holidays rushed way ahead of time. If they did a couple of shows in the Fall, here and there, that would be fine   I like to enjoy Fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving.  Years ago you never saw Christmas items in stores, etc., until day after Thanksgiving.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

I was soooo over Christmas last year.  When I saw my first Christmas commercial in late September, I thought to myself, "WHY??".  It's crazy.  It's so commercialized.  It's just plain sad. 

I'll be traveling to St. Thomas this Christmas.  Leaving on the 23rd of December.  Returning the 30th of December.  No presents.  No decorating.  No cooking.  No baking.  Just me, the white sand, the turquoise ocean and no crazy!!

Ah, perfect! It's been a while for me, but I wish I were there!

Respected Contributor

I love Christmas! But not until after Thanksgiving. In July I want fireworks, corn and anything grilled outdoors!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield