Esteemed Contributor

Any "impulse" purchases from Q that turned out to be a great product for you?

We've all done it, right? I've watched QVC and ended up buying something that I "didn't know I needed!" Sometimes, those purchases turn out to be products that I LOVE. For me: Haan steamer device. Really fantastic product! How about you? Any examples?
Valued Contributor

Re: Any ""impulse"" purchases from Q that turned out to be a great product for you?

I was just replying to someone about a 4 quart pressure cooker cookbook. I bought mine as an impulse purchase over 2 years ago. (Along with a cookbook). I love it and still use it at least once a week.

Super Contributor

Re: Any ""impulse"" purchases from Q that turned out to be a great product for you?

Mine was the last TSV Duraflame Heater. I think it's the best purchase I have ever made and has helped make this nasty long winter a bit more pleasant.

Super Contributor

The microfiber washcloths I bought a few years ago, really like them and they're still just like new.
Honored Contributor

"Blinic" mascara is one of the best products ever. This has been years ago and QVC doesn't carry it anymore. I now order from their company.

I was impressed when they said you could wash it off with soap and water. The first time I washed it off, I thought I was losing all my eyelashes because it makes little tubes.

I'm 62 and I have tried almost every mascara, high end, low end, you name it, I wanted to try it.

Super Contributor

I bought a Peter Thomas Roth kit on special, and discovered a line of skin care that I really like. I also bought that Haan steamer and love it. I got a yellow handbag from Mizrahi, just because it was yellow; I got a great price and I always enjoy using it. I bought a set of 40 microfiber cloths from Campanelli, and I use them constantly. Don't usually buy things on a whim, but these worked out very well for me.

Honored Contributor

Even though I was quite happy with the foundation I was using, I liked the idea of the no foundation foundation by Perricone MD with no color choices so I ordered it and WOW!!! By far the best ever foundation I've ever used.

Honored Contributor

1) Masterbuilt Smoker! Best impulse gift (desperation gift, really) I ever got my husband! LOVE it, use it ALL the time...even through this bitter winter!

2) Those Fasta Pasta cookers for the microwave! (set of 2...not sold anymore I don't think) Those dumb things work fantastic! Much better quality than the As On TV sets I see in Walmart. Mine have lasted for years!

3) That Lori Grenier long stick for peeling things. Poke the prongs into the potato/whatever and then you can peel away without the potato shooting out of your hand. I use it all the time.

Honored Contributor

My impulses are mainly $20.00 kitchen items. The Cooing Buddy hot pads, the olive and pickle strainer containers, the microwave covers that keep my microwave sort of clean, and best of all that thing that keeps pots from boiling over.

Regular Contributor

My first Keurig. It was the small, personal size one. It is now in my office and last fall's Keurig TSV is in my kitchen!