Honored Contributor

Re: Any have problem watch live tv video on iPad?

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

I have trouble viewing all product videos on my iPad mini2. I have always had this problem. If any of you know what I could be doing wrong, would you please let me know. Sorry, I know this is a touch ot.

@Mindy D,

It would help if you'd tell us what happens when you try to view a product video...  and also if we all could look at the same one to see if we can view it.

I went to the items recently on air, and randomly chose

Item A271873  Alegria Leather Printed Lace-up Ankle Boots - Eliza.

I can see the video with no problem on my iPad 3 and iPhone 5 (iOS 9.2).

~~~~~~~~~~~~

In general:

Be sure you have the most recent version of iOS

and also

Regularly go into Settings, Safari, and tap "Clear History and Website Data" and tap "Clear" when you see the popup.
Then, still under Safari be sure to tap "Advanced," then tap "Website Data," and delete all website data there.

Also, if your connection is slow that could cause problems.  Use an app (like SpeedTest.net) to be sure you're getting the speed and quality you expect and need.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Steeler 20 wrote:

Yes, having a problem on my iPad watching QVC TV for several months. Prior to that time frame, it was fine. I tried a chat with QVC, with NO response back. 

The bottom line is this ....... This problem translates to a LOSS in sales ! Come on people.

Hi, @Steeler 20!  Please see both of my responses.  I can view the live streaming QVC and the product videos now, on my iPad 3 and my iPhone 5 (iOS 9.2), so it seems to be fixed now.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Sorry, I thought I wrote what the problem is. The video starts and stops. I can only see short parts of the videos. I have updated to IOS 9.2, no change. I checked the videos on the Q App and in Safari. I've written to QVC for help. Why me? I have plenty of storage and my iPad is just turning one year old. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

Sorry, I thought I wrote what the problem is. The video starts and stops. I can only see short parts of the videos. I have updated to IOS 9.2, no change. I checked the videos on the Q App and in Safari. I've written to QVC for help. Why me? I have plenty of storage and my iPad is just turning one year old. 

@Mindy D, I'm sorry you're having problems, I know it's frustrating.  In this case, you might be seeing a problematic internet connection.  If so, there are several things you can try to fix it, but you need to check it first.  Whether it's WiFi or a cellular connection, did you try what I suggested: 

"If your connection is slow that could cause problems.  Use an app (like SpeedTest.net) to be sure you're getting the speed and quality you expect and need." 

Super Contributor

I'm finding the same issue across the board with brands. Whether Apple on iPod Touch 5th gen, Kindle Fire HD (2014), or my LG Sunset phone live streaming only shows an empty studio, Roku Stick HDMI, or Roku 3 I can get live streaming, but it is constantly pausing and loading, popping up with a, "Are you still watching?" message, or "Network Error". 

I took the app off the Roku's, and I've been going to their YouTube channel, QVCTV, and watching the live stream. On the earlier version of Apple TV this is the only way I can watch, sonce there's no app.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ane1Care wrote:

I'm finding the same issue across the board with brands. Whether Apple on iPod Touch 5th gen, Kindle Fire HD (2014), or my LG Sunset phone live streaming only shows an empty studio, Roku Stick HDMI, or Roku 3 I can get live streaming, but it is constantly pausing and loading, popping up with a, "Are you still watching?" message, or "Network Error". 

I took the app off the Roku's, and I've been going to their YouTube channel, QVCTV, and watching the live stream. On the earlier version of Apple TV this is the only way I can watch, sonce there's no app.   

@Ane1Care, Have you tested the speed and quality of your internet connection on the mobile devices?

I use the SpeedTest.net app.  I just checked, and my results right now are Ping 23 ms, Download 39.40 Mbps, and Upload 18.58 Mbps.

(eta:  Also, be sure you've freed up storage space on the devices, for any needed caching, and that you have the most current version of the operating system.)

Respected Contributor

@TY wrote:

@Mindy D

@Mindy D wrote:

I have trouble viewing all product videos on my iPad mini2. I have always had this problem. If any of you know what I could be doing wrong, would you please let me know. Sorry, I know this is a touch ot.

Mindy, go to your Settings app, scroll down to Safari, then Advanced, and be sure that the Javascript button is toggled to the on position (so it is green) in order to be able to watch videos with the Safari browser on your ipad mini or any ipad.

Doing that makes no difference on my Ipad Air.  Videos start then go black.  Been happening for months now.