Respected Contributor

Re: Antonella this Saturday...

@HonestLife wrote:

Silpada used to be the Tupperware of jewelry home sales. I bought a couple of pieces from a friend who hosted a party. I'm glad she's doing better but would not by Silpada again. 

Not very familiar with Silpada but I remember when I was a kid going to Sarah Coventry home parties.  Not good quality jewelry as I recall.

Respected Contributor

I went to Antonella's Facebook page and pressed the SHOP button to go to the Silpada website . 

Almost all of the jewelry appears to be made of sterling silver and in my opinion, reasonably priced.  There is a small discount using Antonella's link, and she receives a commission.

The styles look attractive, and everything appears easy to wear.

I bought some earrings for my nieces as I do not wear silver.

I wish Antonella the best in this initiative!

Frequent Contributor

She explains it all on her video.  She has a special link that gives her credit and the buyer the discount.  She did an amazing job, and I realized how much better she was than many other hosts when it comes to jewerky.  The Q treated her horribly and I wish her the very best.

Honored Contributor

@Cherylou    Unless Antonella or QVC confided in you, you have no idea how they treated her.  From my own observations of her attitude the last couple of years, I would have fired her too had I been her employer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Cherylou    From my own observations of her attitude the last couple of years, I would have fired her too had I been her employer.

I wouldn't say she had a poor attitude: maybe an unpolished demeanor. And yes, we do know that she was fired which I think some would describe as poor treatment despite the severence package.

Honored Contributor

I think Antonella had some fabulous years as a host on QVC.  She also had some really bad years (the last two or three) hosting as well.  

Through it all, I always felt she was a warm, delightful person.  But as a host, it did seem on air like she gave QVC many business reasons to let her go. 

I am thrilled for her that her health is on the upswing, and she is in good spirits, doing what she loves to do. 

Wishing her the best of everything,  

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  -    Agree with you.  She was a great host, but the last year or two were not her best.  Something seemed amiss and she sometimes appeared disheveled.  I do believe jewelry was her passion and wishing her the best for the future.

Valued Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  I must have missed something. What did she do that was considered bad enough for her to be fired? I can only recall questioning her when she dyed her hair blonde. My memory isn't the greatest. 

Honored Contributor

@HonestLife  it seemed, again to me, that there were many shows where she was not at her best, by a long shot.  I never cared what color her hair was though.  I'm not going into specifics because picking her apart piece by piece is not what I'm going to do.  It was not my intention.  I gave my overall view of her hosting. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Cherylou    Unless Antonella or QVC confided in you, you have no idea how they treated her.  From my own observations of her attitude the last couple of years, I would have fired her too had I been her employer.

You are right @Kachina624 We do not know what went on between the two parties. Business is business, and if they let her go it was a business decision not a personal one.