Honored Contributor

Re: Antonella's Latest Update Todoay.

Esteemed Contributor

Personally, I wouldn't want to be living in a boat while going through treatment for cancer, and possibly Cushing's disease. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that she said that she was going to be living in a houseboat, just a boat, period. A regular boat is different from a houseboat. If it were me, I would rent an apartment for a year, go through treatments, then a year from now, revisit the idea of sailing the seas and living in a boat. But that's just me. I am not her, and she isn't me.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@febe2 wrote:

@elated wrote:

I watched her on you tube and feel bad for her . Also, I am confused about what is really happening in her life. Some of her statements don't make sense to me. How can a person fighting cancer live on a boat. It just seems strange. Hopefully, it will work out.

Living on a houseboat is not much different than living on land. I've spent weeks on a 48ft. houseboar with a gallery kitchen, shower/bathroom and beds for four! 

If she's moving for finances, it will help her with that. I don't think it will hurt her health. Maybe with Covid, it will even help.

@febe2 It's not a houseboat.  It's a sail boat...big difference!

Before her cancer diagnosis, she & her husband were going to go sailing to warmer climates during cold weather and stay there for a while then come back up north in the summer...basically sailing up and down the eastern seaboard.

I agree with @Anonymous032819 .  She should rent an apartment or condo for a year or so to get past the worst of her treatments and be on more stable ground..

I can'imagine going what she is going through and moving to a small sailboat and out of her home just as she is going to have surgery...maybe multiple surgeries...I wish her the best outcome!

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Posted 3/6 @sarahpanda :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DLCCUuwNzs

I liked Antonelli when she was a host, but I can't watch her videos. She is so silly, and makes these horrible faces, then laughs. I'm not being unkind, I wish her well with her problems, but gee, get ahold of yourself..

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@HLP   She has always made those faces, it's nothing new...I think 'get a grip' is rather harsh....she is facing 2 cancers!!!!  Sometimes unloading on family if difficult...so this (posting a video)  is her outlet, I say let her say what ever she wants to say, it's good for her to talk it out.

Frequent Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@febe2 wrote:

@elated wrote:

I watched her on you tube and feel bad for her . Also, I am confused about what is really happening in her life. Some of her statements don't make sense to me. How can a person fighting cancer live on a boat. It just seems strange. Hopefully, it will work out.

Living on a houseboat is not much different than living on land. I've spent weeks on a 48ft. houseboar with a gallery kitchen, shower/bathroom and beds for four! 

If she's moving for finances, it will help her with that. I don't think it will hurt her health. Maybe with Covid, it will even help.

@febe2 It's not a houseboat.  It's a sail boat...big difference!

Before her cancer diagnosis, she & her husband were going to go sailing to warmer climates during cold weather and stay there for a while then come back up north in the summer...basically sailing up and down the eastern seaboard.

I agree with @Anonymous032819 .  She should rent an apartment or condo for a year or so to get past the worst of her treatments and be on more stable ground..

I can'imagine going what she is going through and moving to a small sailboat and out of her home just as she is going to have surgery...maybe multiple surgeries...I wish her the best outcome!

Thanks for explaining. No sail boats for me.

Trusted Contributor

@elated

I agree with everything you said. I feel bad for her, but I'm confused as well.
And I'm going to take it one step further. Hear me out everyone. This last update just made me feel a little wary. Not about her cancers. I absolutely believe her & I'm praying for her. I'm talking about these updates she's giving. In this last video, I feel like she gave just enough information to make you "tune in next time." She "teased" that whole boat thing again, said she has it figured out, but didn't elaborate on it. And she brought up patreon again. Look, I know her life is devastating right now but let's face it, this might make people sign up for her patreon.
One more thing. She says she's venting to her facebook friends because she doesn't want to vent to her family because they're sad. These videos are on the internet. Her husband & kids can see them. The whole world can see them.
I feel for Antonella. I'm praying for Antonella. I had breast cancer myself 4 years ago. I know everyone handles things differently, but this is just getting a little weird for me.
Respected Contributor

@HLP ....I beg to differ - I think you ''were'' being unkind.

Respected Contributor

I wish her the best, and if she gets any comfort telling her story or sharing with others who may be going through the same, I say bravo for her.

It's got to be devastating to hear bad news over and over, and still be able to get up in the morning and go on with a good attitude.

Prayers for her and hoping she gets some good news soon. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

@bobby5 wrote:
@elated

I agree with everything you said. I feel bad for her, but I'm confused as well.
And I'm going to take it one step further. Hear me out everyone. This last update just made me feel a little wary. Not about her cancers. I absolutely believe her & I'm praying for her. I'm talking about these updates she's giving. In this last video, I feel like she gave just enough information to make you "tune in next time." She "teased" that whole boat thing again, said she has it figured out, but didn't elaborate on it. And she brought up patreon again. Look, I know her life is devastating right now but let's face it, this might make people sign up for her patreon.
One more thing. She says she's venting to her facebook friends because she doesn't want to vent to her family because they're sad. These videos are on the internet. Her husband & kids can see them. The whole world can see them.
I feel for Antonella. I'm praying for Antonella. I had breast cancer myself 4 years ago. I know everyone handles things differently, but this is just getting a little weird for me.

ITA

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky