Honored Contributor

Re: Antonella's Hair is Adorable

I still color my hair...but only every 4 months. The front is more grey but really only in the front - it almost looks like I have frosted that area (is that still a thing?)

I pay $90.00 for color, cut and blow dry.

Honored Contributor

I'd like to see.  Can you post a pic?  TIA.

Trusted Contributor

@ValuSkr  From yesterday on her FB.

Screenshot 2022-09-24 091419.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

There would be NOTHING freeing about me going for my natural gray hair.  I will be a redhead until the day I drop dead.  Then I will be at home with the Lord & hair color won't matter!

I only have a couple of strands of gray that I can easily cover with a mascara wand but all I can think of with the color gray is "gray days" or a depressing lack of color. I just don't want to wake up in the morning and see this gray haired woman in the mirror. Instant depression. So like yourself @SurferWife , I will color my hair when necessary till the day I die.

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife 

@SurferWife wrote:

There would be NOTHING freeing about me going for my natural gray hair.  I will be a redhead until the day I drop dead.  Then I will be at home with the Lord & hair color won't matter!

I'm 86 and still coloring.  I would go grey, but have bald spots and the color hides them.  I'm have been taken for in my 60's by two old guys who stopped to talk to me when walking my dog.  I told them how old I was, because i wasn't interested.

Respected Contributor

@BoopOMatic  Thanks for posting her photo.

I would not have known her!  She is clearly rocking her new look!

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I only have a couple of strands of gray that I can easily cover with a mascara wand but all I can think of with the color gray is "gray days" or a depressing lack of color. I just don't want to wake up in the morning and see this gray haired woman in the mirror. Instant depression. So like yourself @SurferWife , I will color my hair when necessary till the day I die.

@Trinity11  - I couldn't agree with you more.  Looking at myself with grey hair showing equals instant depression.  

Trusted Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

@SurferWife 

Too funny! 😅 You're like my mom. My mom is 93. She lives alone, takes care of herself and still drives to places that are very familiar to her. Every Thursday she goes to have her hair done. My two siblings and I are in our sixties. We laugh at how we have never seen our mom with gray hair! I'm the oldest with the least gray. My brother is the youngest, totally silvery white. My sister has big white streaks in the front. In photos we are all gray except mom!😂

I decided to go gray after reading this passage in the Bible.

“Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life” (Proverbs 16:31).

@Starpolisher  Cute post!

Trusted Contributor

She is beautiful inside and out, best wishes, Antonella.

Respected Contributor

' adorable' is for children and kittens. Not a compliment for grown women.