Trusted Contributor

Antonella's Hair is Adorable

She gave herself a haircut & it looks so pretty! And the gray looks so good on her. Several women I know have stopped coloring their hair & gone gray. I have to say it looks really good. And they say it's very "freeing."
Respected Contributor

Re: Antonella's Hair is Adorable

@bobby5 

To say nothing of cheaper.  Whew..hair color is expensive.  Gray.  So what.  Stay gray.  Save beaucoup bucks.

Trusted Contributor

@maximillian

Agree👍
Honored Contributor

Antonella does look good with her short haircut.  The grey is very becoming on her.   Not all of us look good with grey.   I plan on coloring my grey for at least another 20 years.  It's not expensive or time consuming for me.

Respected Contributor

Just curious, has Antonella given any health updates lately?

Trusted Contributor

@KKJ

She had a normal mammogram about a month ago. She mentioned that she has to have more tests done, but she didn't elaborate on that. I think that has to be done before they head south for the winter.
Honored Contributor

There would be NOTHING freeing about me going for my natural gray hair.  I will be a redhead until the day I drop dead.  Then I will be at home with the Lord & hair color won't matter!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Antonella does look good with her short haircut.  The grey is very becoming on her.   Not all of us look good with grey.   I plan on coloring my grey for at least another 20 years.  It's not expensive or time consuming for me.

@San Antonio Gal Same for me. I may do it forever, just like my mom did 'til the age of 91, and she looked beautiful...gray just wasn't for her. Not for me either with my coloring. But if I have to one day, for any reason, then so be it.

Lol...I remember my mom, when in her 80's I asked if she would ever go gray as her own mom had eventually done, She didn't miss a beat, "No!" Lol...and true to her word, she never did. ❤️

Some women carry it off well and enjoy stopping the maintanence...and great for them.

I love keeping it colored and it's not an issue at all for me. My hairdresser taught me years ago how to color my own roots with professional products I still use. Then as needed, she'll give it a good highlight, which lasts me the rest of the year. I also know how to put in some scattered highlights if I want later in the year. 

Antonella looks cute and I'm so happy she's doing well after her health ordeal.

Respected Contributor

Wow!  She has never looked better!  I love her hair, it was meant to be in that style!  And that tan...well it makes gray hair really shine!! (I am pasty white, which I think doesn't work as well with gray hair).  Yay for her!  Livin her best life! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife 

Too funny! 😅 You're like my mom. My mom is 93. She lives alone, takes care of herself and still drives to places that are very familiar to her. Every Thursday she goes to have her hair done. My two siblings and I are in our sixties. We laugh at how we have never seen our mom with gray hair! I'm the oldest with the least gray. My brother is the youngest, totally silvery white. My sister has big white streaks in the front. In photos we are all gray except mom!😂

I decided to go gray after reading this passage in the Bible.

“Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life” (Proverbs 16:31).

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran