Frequent Contributor

Re: Antonella's 15th Anniversary Show on Q2

@Caaareful ShopperQ2 is usually not a good sign for when a host gets pushed over there...look at Jill Bauer. She was banished to Q2 and now she is leaving. I think Cathy Pedrayes was banished to social media gal on a few Q2 shows and then she was kicked to the curb. I'm waiting for Katie McGee to leave next....her social media/cohost gig with Jill is about to end when she leaves in June. There have been no big announcements about her getting her own show or valuable air time...that doesn't bode well does it. I hope the Anniversary Show curse doesnt rear its head on Antoinella. We will all have to patiently watch and wait who exits next. 

Frequent Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

If it were the same, they would order the same number of Q2 Big Deals as they do TSVs for Q1.  But they don't.....I've heard hosts say that repeatedly.  I think that viewership and sales are much lower on Q2 (my guess, of course).

And some viewers watch QVC broadcast over the air like I do.   I don't receive Q2.

@Johnnyeager   I thought once Comcast started carrying Q2 a while ago, the vast majority of the country now has it.  My mistake.  I too have heard the host mention that they bring in a lower inventory of the Big Deal.  But at what point do they make it a true sister channel and stop treating like an after-thought?  It has to start somewhere, and I think having all the hosts mix it up with appearances is a boost to making that happen. 

@Johnnyeager @Caaareful Shopper - I just wanted to add my two cents.  I have Comcast and don't get QVC 2 either.  Not that I mind.  A few months ago I trimmed my cable package to reduce the price.  Maybe that's why I don't get it.

All four QVC channels are on ROKU and other streaming devices.  I really enjoy QVC2 especially on Wednesday's for fashion.

Trusted Contributor

I agree re her anniversary show being put on Q2. I didn’t get it for a long time but we changed out Comcast package. I still rarely watch it. I think it’s an insult to her. There is only one new young host that I like and that’s the cute brunette who is on around 1 a.m. She has poise and humor - the whole package. I can’t think of her name at the moment. They can have the new hosts they’re pushing on us. I missed Jill when they shoved her aside. I miss Antoinella. I’ll still watch Isaac and Kim and Michael Dawkins on his rare appearances. That’s it for me.
Trusted Contributor

Years ago, a host would know s/he was going to be fired if s/he was assigned the 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. shift.  Even Mike Rowe has said he knew he was going when given that shift.  Today, Q2 is the current early shift equivalent.  I realize the hosts are well-compensated for their work, but putting a senior host over there while giving the new hosts time on the main channel - I agree that it is an insult.  It's as if TPTB want the senior hosts to quit/retire.  And don't think the product reps/guests want the new hosts - they want whomever can help them sell the most product and that would be an experienced host.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know why Q2 is still considered a banishment.  Most cable companies carry the channel now and all hosts are scheduled there at one time or another.  At some point QVC has to try to encourage viewers/shoppers to see it as a viable channel.  I see nothing wrong with it.

@Caaareful Shopper   Many people, myself included, have been confused by the disappearance of Beauty IQ, QVC, Q2 & some cables carrying a third Q channel. The 3rd Q seems to be all pre-recorded shows, there are still Beauty IQ Steals mentioned on the other channels and the Big Deal is given a sneak peak on the original QVC. 

If the Q has not figured out what goes where, how can we know?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@grayhairdontcare 

I just don't get the reasoning that Q2 is where QVC sends senior hosts on their way out the door.  Every host has had shows on Q2, including David Venable, Amy Stran's PM Style show (several times), Dan Hughes, and Stacey Stauffer.  The newer hosts are there as well, like Kristina Zell.

I don't think it was Jill as a host that was banished there, but her home show.  The 1st Qtr 2019 financial reported that home decor was down in sales considerably.  My guess, and all we can all do is guess, is that QVC put less emphasis on home decor shows because they were pulling their weight in sales. That's why I think YHJ got that Q2 @ 10PM slot.   

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I don't know why Q2 is still considered a banishment.  Most cable companies carry the channel now and all hosts are scheduled there at one time or another.  At some point QVC has to try to encourage viewers/shoppers to see it as a viable channel.  I see nothing wrong with it.

@Caaareful Shopper   Many people, myself included, have been confused by the disappearance of Beauty IQ, QVC, Q2 & some cables carrying a third Q channel. The 3rd Q seems to be all pre-recorded shows, there are still Beauty IQ Steals mentioned on the other channels and the Big Deal is given a sneak peak on the original QVC. 

If the Q has not figured out what goes where, how can we know?

@Shanus   I surely have no idea about Beauty iQ/Q3 -- it seems QVC is throwing that beauty channel up against the wall to see where it sticks.  Now Beauty iQ is only streaming on digital platforms, but it's not like QVC has really invested in that less than touted change.  Like you mentioned Q3 is all recorded.  Strange indeed.

But I do watch Q1 and Q2 equally.  All the hosts have shows on Q2 frequently, and I often find the programming options better than what's on the main channel.

Frequent Contributor

I feel bad that I did not see Antonella's anniversary show.  I do not watch Q2 because it is not HD in my area and I am not going to watch a show on TV that has only 3/4 of the screen filled.  Too bad she was on Q2 and not Q1.  She deserves better than that.  

Trusted Contributor

Okay, what is with her blonde hair??  She looks terrible as a blonde.  I truly hope she gets rid of it and goes back to her natural color.  Not to mention her orange skin.  Good Lord....doesn't anyone tell her how bad she looks?

Mind you - I truly love her as a host, but wow....I don't know what she's thinking.

Honored Contributor

'Gee', I like her haircolor.

Very flattering.

It's probably  fun to try different styles and colors.

I've been sort of 'stuck' in the same slightly long-ish bob for years.

'I need a change'...............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).