Trusted Contributor

Antonella's 15th Anniversary Show on Q2

She's a great host - why has her anniversary show been banished to Q2?  What, we need another hour of Dyson or Denim & Co. on the main channel  - TPTB couldn't give that time to a tremendous asset to the network?  JMO but it seems unfair to her.

Honored Contributor

Re: Antonella's 15th Anniversary Show on Q2

What time is the show? Thanks! 

Esteemed Contributor

Saturday, June 1st, 6 p.m.

This show should have been on QVC1, I agree, but Shoe Shopping with Jane is taking up the time slot, as if we'll never see Jane sell a shoe again.

Honored Contributor

I don't know why Q2 is still considered a banishment.  Most cable companies carry the channel now and all hosts are scheduled there at one time or another.  At some point QVC has to try to encourage viewers/shoppers to see it as a viable channel.  I see nothing wrong with it.

Esteemed Contributor

If it were the same, they would order the same number of Q2 Big Deals as they do TSVs for Q1.  But they don't.....I've heard hosts say that repeatedly.  I think that viewership and sales are much lower on Q2 (my guess, of course).

And some viewers watch QVC broadcast over the air like I do.   I don't receive Q2.

Honored Contributor

Chances are either AN already did the show(s) on Q1 and now they're reruns on Q2 or lately I've seen a lot of live shows on Q2 so it really doesn't matter.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Saturday, June 1st, 6 p.m.

This show should have been on QVC1, I agree, but Shoe Shopping with Jane is taking up the time slot, as if we'll never see Jane sell a shoe again.

she must sell  I guess

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

If it were the same, they would order the same number of Q2 Big Deals as they do TSVs for Q1.  But they don't.....I've heard hosts say that repeatedly.  I think that viewership and sales are much lower on Q2 (my guess, of course).

And some viewers watch QVC broadcast over the air like I do.   I don't receive Q2.

@Johnnyeager   I thought once Comcast started carrying Q2 a while ago, the vast majority of the country now has it.  My mistake.  I too have heard the host mention that they bring in a lower inventory of the Big Deal.  But at what point do they make it a true sister channel and stop treating like an after-thought?  It has to start somewhere, and I think having all the hosts mix it up with appearances is a boost to making that happen. 

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

@Johnnyeager   I thought once Comcast started carrying Q2 a while ago, the vast majority of the country now has it.  My mistake.  I too have heard the host mention that they bring in a lower inventory of the Big Deal.  But at what point do they make it a true sister channel and stop treating like an after-thought?  It has to start somewhere, and I think having all the hosts mix it up with appearances is a boost to making that happen. 

@Johnnyeager @Caaareful Shopper - I just wanted to add my two cents.  I have Comcast and don't get QVC 2 either.  Not that I mind.  A few months ago I trimmed my cable package to reduce the price.  Maybe that's why I don't get it.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Chances are either AN already did the show(s) on Q1 and now they're reruns on Q2 or lately I've seen a lot of live shows on Q2 so it really doesn't matter.

@PINKdogWOOD, Q2 is broadcast live Monday through Friday from noon to midnight and Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. until 10 p.m.  This is going to be a live show.