Respected Contributor

Re: Antonella on beautiful in her own right.

@alarmclock wrote:

dark hair = grey roots

bad blonde bleach job = fried to a crisp and black roots

Either choice means maintenance.

Sorry.  I do not buy her grey hair story.  Touch up kits take ten minutes and she can get her hands on Joan Rivers hair powder any time she walks into the beauty office.

Her real nails are what she had when she started.  Why she decided to do her own [very obviously] fake nails is beyond me.

Her hair is now dead.  It will not take a curl.  

You can look any way you want to look but this is a bad look and I think she knows it.  I do not see the blond lasting very long.  As soon as her dark roots come in, it will mean more time than she would have ever spent on covering a few grey hairs.

So is everyone else's.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

She did her own nails?  Oh, why would anyone do that?  LOL

Honored Contributor

I think her hair looks shiny and healthy, and I don’t have any reason to believe she fabricated the reason for making a change.  This video with Erin Moseley is a show from yesterday.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

She did her own nails?  Oh, why would anyone do that?  LOL

She sure did.

That's why I posted what I did.

Trusted Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I think her hair looks shiny and healthy, and I don’t have any reason to believe she fabricated the reason for making a change.  This video with Erin Moseley is a show from yesterday.

Not at all sure where you see shiny and healthy.

The shade is already brassy which means it was not done properly.

Changing from brunette to blonde is an hours long - and sometimes days long - process.

This was blonde-ed up way to fast.

Grew up in a salon.  I know nails and I know color and bleach.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@alarmclock  Isn't Kristine Zell blonde naturally? It goes well with her complexion. She may highlight or lighten her hair, but I think she's always had light hair. 

ETA: Perhaps Antonella is going to let her hair grow out naturally from blonde to grey? Who knows? Who really cares? It's her hair. My hair has never been dyed. One of these days the grey will overtake the brown. It won't surprise anyone! I'm a lot older than Antonella at 71. Give her a break. Her sparkling personality shines through no matter what she does with that glorious head of thick hair!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Occasional Contributor

If that is her own hair, she should look for a new hair stylist.

Honored Contributor

The shade of her hair looks different under those studio lights but that will happen.  I have my hair highlighted and I love it except in my one bathroom, it looks more brassy because of the lighting.  

Her hair does look like a wig.  If she hadn't said otherwise, I can see why people would think that.  Is this the work of Calista?

Honored Contributor

It’s definitely a wig. The prettiest part of Antonella is her infectious smile. She is always laughing and pleasant. I love it when she’s on. I’m glad to see her selling things beside jewelry. She’d be awesome in a cooking show. 

Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@alarmclock  Isn't Kristine Zell blonde naturally? It goes well with her complexion. She may highlight or lighten her hair, but I think she's always had light hair. 

ETA: Perhaps Antonella is going to let her hair grow out naturally from blonde to grey? Who knows? Who really cares? It's her hair. My hair has never been dyed. One of these days the grey will overtake the brown. It won't surprise anyone! I'm a lot older than Antonella at 71. Give her a break. Her sparkling personality shines through no matter what she does with that glorious head of thick hair!

No, Zell has dark brown hair.  She has had various amounts of highlights since she started.  You can't tell what's bleached and what isn't?

Antonella does not have that much grey!  When the black roots start, think of me.

As for that sparkling personality, you must love to be shrieked at.

Me?  Not so much.