Super Contributor

Re: Antonella on beautiful in her own right.

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418  wrote

"But wouldn't that also be body shaming?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

No, I never body shame.

Comments are either neutral, positive or negative. When one decides to be negative, catty or just plain rude, it shows us how one is on the inside and how one thinks, usually how unhappy and miserable  they are.

There seems to be a lot of those types on these forums.

Honored Contributor

The natural nails look great.  The junior high, pink bubble gum nails were not a great look.

I'm not a big fan of the hair.  It's kind of a combination of the new color, and the too-much-hair-plastered-around-her-face look that's not working for me.  However, it's her head and her choice.  I'm sure she doesn't care what I think.

Honored Contributor

It seems to me that the delightful Antonella has decided on a makeover that includes softer makeup, a hair color and style change, and the more natural nails.   More power to her!   She has a great sense of humor and doesn't take herself too seriously.    I think she looks lovely, and I think she always did look lovely.   I've always enjoyed and appreciated her sparkle and that ebullient spirit, exuberance and light shining from within.    That's the timeless foundation that illuminates and is the priceless finishing touch.    Her show yesterday with Erin Moseley was fun and interesting.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do enjoy Antonella particularly on fashion shows....It sounds like this hair color change was Antonella's choice, personally I prefer her with dark hair.  BTW does anyone notice a blonde trend at QVC???? Even those with dark hair many have gotten blonde highlights..a total of 18 hosts who are blonde or have blonde highlights.....(including those in training)

246dbabe2ab2573ec08aa74c018ae826.jpg

BTW this goes against the national trend....someone actually calculated this....

Brunette is overwhelmingly the most common hair color, and it's also agreed that red hair accounts for about 1%. 

Dark brown or black 75%
Blond to light brown 24%
Red 1%

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

It seems to me that the delightful Antonella has decided on a makeover that includes softer makeup, a hair color and style change, and the more natural nails.   More power to her!   She has a great sense of humor and doesn't take herself too seriously.    I think she looks lovely, and I think she always did look lovely.   I've always enjoyed and appreciated her sparkle and that ebullient spirit, exuberance and light shining from within.    That's the timeless foundation that illuminates and is the priceless finishing touch.    Her show yesterday with Erin Moseley was fun and interesting.😊

@dooBdoo 

Your right about her personality....and she's the most down to earth host....perhaps because her background wasn't in TV....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Antonella's nails were definitely fake.  You can tell from a mile away. 

Trusted Contributor

Omg SPURT! I'm a cat lover & I'm hysterical over that pic!!
Trusted Contributor

dark hair = grey roots

bad blonde bleach job = fried to a crisp and black roots

Either choice means maintenance.

Sorry.  I do not buy her grey hair story.  Touch up kits take ten minutes and she can get her hands on Joan Rivers hair powder any time she walks into the beauty office.

Her real nails are what she had when she started.  Why she decided to do her own [very obviously] fake nails is beyond me.

Her hair is now dead.  It will not take a curl.  

You can look any way you want to look but this is a bad look and I think she knows it.  I do not see the blond lasting very long.  As soon as her dark roots come in, it will mean more time than she would have ever spent on covering a few grey hairs.

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I do enjoy Antonella particularly on fashion shows....It sounds like this hair color change was Antonella's choice, personally I prefer her with dark hair.  BTW does anyone notice a blonde trend at QVC???? Even those with dark hair many have gotten blonde highlights..a total of 18 hosts who are blonde or have blonde highlights.....(including those in training)

246dbabe2ab2573ec08aa74c018ae826.jpg

BTW this goes against the national trend....someone actually calculated this....

Brunette is overwhelmingly the most common hair color, and it's also agreed that red hair accounts for about 1%. 

Dark brown or black 75%
Blond to light brown 24%
Red 1%

Just saw Zell this morning.

She is going back to her natural color.  No more blonde.

Trusted Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

I don't think she had fake nails.  But either way, I watch and enjoy Antonella because she has a beautiful personality and she is fun.  No matter what color her hair, color of her nails, or how long her nails are.

Here is a picture of her "at home" do it yourself set up.

Her nails were 100% fake.  

antonella.jpg