Valued Contributor

Re: Antonella has almost 19,000 followers on her new FB page

I realize that AN had a lot of fans on QVC, but honestly, she wasn't my favorite. As far as the hosts being let go- it's all about the sales and if the hosts aren't selling, the powers that be are watching that. Bottom line is the almighty dollar, I know that the hosts acted like they are our family and friends, but in reality, they were probably trained to act like that. I hate to see anyone lose their job, but it happens every day. My husband lost his job during this pandemic. So I understand the frustration during that time, but it's time to move on. I'm sure the hosts have.

Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

I can't disagree with anything you say, but you may be overlooking the fact that many people watch a station like QVC for companionship. They DO become attached to the people they listen to all the time. They feel they have gotten to know these hosts, and in a sense, they really have. And when those hosts are not there, from whatever cause, they miss them.

I remember my aunt in her last years listened to a particular radio station all day, five days a week. The main radio guy gave the news, chatted about what was going on in the area, interviewed guests, told stories about himself, answered questions, took phone calls--lots like they do on QVC! My mom wasn't confused about whether that guy was her personal friend, but he mattered to her, and she felt his loss when the station changed its format and he was gone.

For QVC, this business downturn has led to fewer live broadcast hours, which means fewer hosts. It's their job to make decisions like this, for better or worse. And I would suggest that it's very okay for those viewers affected most to mourn.

Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO  I have to disagree with you....it's the sales that put money in the QVC bank.  All those "fans" that are coming forward now possibly could have helped her position if they bought more while she was hosting.

Esteemed Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

@Anonymous032819 

I can't disagree with anything you say, but you may be overlooking the fact that many people watch a station like QVC for companionship. They DO become attached to the people they listen to all the time. They feel they have gotten to know these hosts, and in a sense, they really have. And when those hosts are not there, from whatever cause, they miss them.

I remember my aunt in her last years listened to a particular radio station all day, five days a week. The main radio guy gave the news, chatted about what was going on in the area, interviewed guests, told stories about himself, answered questions, took phone calls--lots like they do on QVC! My mom wasn't confused about whether that guy was her personal friend, but he mattered to her, and she felt his loss when the station changed its format and he was gone.

For QVC, this business downturn has led to fewer live broadcast hours, which means fewer hosts. It's their job to make decisions like this, for better or worse. And I would suggest that it's very okay for those viewers affected most to mourn.

Mourning, is one thing.

But acting as if the world has suddenly ended because a sales person is gone, is totally different.

Look, I get missing someone that you've grown accustomed to seeing.

When a favorite tv show ends, I miss it too, but I accept the fact that it's over, and don't go on a campaign and demand  that it be brought back.

Life goes on.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

At least Antonella doesn't have to buy her FB likes like someone else did.  LOL

Yep, nothing like buying FB posters from across the world.  I like it when they say something risque and she has to zap their comment.  

Honored Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

At least Antonella doesn't have to buy her FB likes like someone else did.  LOL

Yep, nothing like buying FB posters from across the world.  I like it when they say something risque and she has to zap their comment.  

@hellodali  LOL

Contributor

Yes will miss Antonella a true sincere person, not many Italians on this post apparently!!! If anyone needs to go that Kersten and Jane lady and maybe that Rick guy just saying lol !!! 

Contributor

Yes will miss Antonella a true sincere person, not many Italians on this post apparently!!!