Esteemed Contributor

Re: Antonella answers questions in new video....

Oh gosh.  Now there are marriage counselors on the line!

Trusted Contributor

I don't understand why she and her husband didn't start job hunting after they lost their jobs.  With her experience in the medical field, I would think a job in a hospital, clinic, or doctor's office would be the way to go.  

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Oh gosh.  Now there are marriage counselors on the line!

@Johnnyeager  Plus financial advisors who seem privy to all their financials. 

Respected Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

Antonella wasn't a nurse, she was a medical technologist and worked in a lab..

https://lancasteronline.com/news/hooked-on-antonella/article_057d410e-809e-5fab-a704-2b14ef37e055.ht...

Your are absolutely correct.  Although the article that you posted didn't include this fact.  I remember years ago when QVC had their news letter they did a piece on Antonella and it stated that while she was working as a technologist she also did a series of videos and public service announcements for the lab where she worked.

I assume that camera experience helped her get the job with QVC. I believe with the exception of only a few, most of the hosts have had some experience in broadcasting or journalism or PR.  

I know that Antonella appeared to have gotten her job with QVC by just being a viewer and loving the show.  But there was a little more to it than just being a fan.  

She knew her way around a TV studio and came across very well on camera.

I'm pretty sure she will eventually end up doing something else that involves broadcasting.   It would probably be very difficult for her to return to her previous job in medical technology.  She's been away from the field for too long. 

I'm very sorry that she had to sell her house but it did appear that perhaps she was living a little large given the unstable nature of a television personality.   You can be on top one day and the next day no one even remembers your name.  

I have no idea of their financial earnings or how much of a home they desired but from the pictures she posted that house was designed for someone who was very affluent.  A lesser home might have allowed them to continue living in it.  I guess it's easy to allow yourself to purchase a home like that when you are bringing in a high salary and you just assume that things will not change.  

It's really sad when they do because it's never easy to go backwards.  I know my husband and I purchased a small home when many of our friends were buying large homes that they really couldn't afford.  When the recession of 2008 hit a few of them lost their homes and had to move into rented apartments.   We were able to stay on top and even paid off our home during that time because we just didn't need a home that was a showcase.  We were, and still are, happy living in our little rambler.

I'm sure both Antonella and her husband will come out on top but they may not have that style of luxury living again.  I'm sure this has been very difficult for them.  

Esteemed Contributor

How does someone here know her mortgage balance?!

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I thought she was a former nurse.  I can't imagine that she can't find a nursing job now. The thing I've noticed with show hosts is that they are addicted to being on camera. If they leave, they don't seek out non-fame positions. They crave that face time on air.  As far as high salaries, if you google tv show host salary, it doesn't appear that they are super highly paid.  

@santorini 

I believe she said she was a medical laboratory technologist, but I could be wrong.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl the article I posted did have it about her being a medical technologist but I just found this...  I tried looking at the article again and I couldn't..

Antonella Nester..  She earned a degree at PSU in medical technology, and for the 17 years after, she worked both full- and part-time at Holy Spirit Hospital, Rehab Hospital in Mechanicsburg, and Central Penn Clinical Labs doing things such as blood tests, cross-matches and stat work.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

If you watch the video, you will hear her say that her husband has applied for hundreds of jobs with no luck. They have concluded it might be his age as to why not being hired. Don't know what his field of work is. Even living in a house that has no mortgage there still are expenses to maintain it. 

Trusted Contributor

She has either a nerve sheath tumor or a sarcoma tumor.

Respected Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

I don't understand why she and her husband didn't start job hunting after they lost their jobs.  With her experience in the medical field, I would think a job in a hospital, clinic, or doctor's office would be the way to go.  

She may be wary working in a doctors office or hospital during a pandemic. I know I would.  I dont agree with the decision to go sailing and living on a boat.  I fear for Antonella