Trusted Contributor

Re: Antonella answers questions in new video....

@ValuSkr 

I've never heard of the Intracoastal Waterway. That's really interesting & sounds like the way to go.

Honored Contributor

@bobby5 wrote:

@ValuSkr 

I've never heard of the Intracoastal Waterway. That's really interesting & sounds like the way to go.

@bobby5  Definitely the best way to go. I think it's about 3,000 miles long. My husbands nephew lives on it in Fla.

Respected Contributor

i agree about the non compete clause.  Why would that matter when a company terminates a person. I understand the clause if a person resigns. 

Honored Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:

i agree about the non compete clause.  Why would that matter when a company terminates a person. I understand the clause if a person resigns. 

@Kindaglitzy  I researched it and it seems to be you can have one if fired in some cases and states can have different rules concerning this.

Honored Contributor

It's quite possible that she received a severance package.  I can only guess that a non-compete would pertain to similar places of employment.  Not if she were going to a different career.

Esteemed Contributor

She undoubtedly received some severance package which likely included health plan benefits for a period. 

Qurate took quite a hefty severance package related charge due to the layoff of 450 employees in July.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ Thanks for the information.
Esteemed Contributor

Sadly, they will probably end up divorced from the strain.

Respected Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I thought she was a former nurse.  I can't imagine that she can't find a nursing job now. The thing I've noticed with show hosts is that they are addicted to being on camera. If they leave, they don't seek out non-fame positions. They crave that face time on air.  As far as high salaries, if you google tv show host salary, it doesn't appear that they are super highly paid.  

She worked in a blood lab. Why is everyone feeling sorry for these people? You can't find a job out on the ocean, get yourself, on shore and find a job. The big house was because QVC pays big money, but I would never jump into a big house till I had saved at least a third of what the house cost.Too many pie in the sky, dreams. I'm from old school, buy what you can afford.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much for letting us know that Antonella shared her video with us. I'll look forward to watching it. Antonella is such a sweet funny lady, she brought her smile to the Q no matter the presentation. I was quite surprised to learn that either she quit or the Q let her go. I wish her and her family well.