Valued Contributor

Re: Antonella answers questions in new video....

Antonella said she worked in a Lab. If she was a nurse, she would not be able to return to nursing after all these years without going baack to school to be re-certified, get a nursing license, etc.  It's just not that easy! Nursing school is TOUGH! I think Antonella is old enough to hope for a more relaxed life.

Let's cheer her on, everyone! If they did not want to live on a boat, surely they could get a nice apartment. New England in Summer, Florida in Winter. Lots of people do this.  Let's follow her dream with her. They have both had a terrible, unexpected change of plans.  Let's root for them!

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@santorini wrote:

I thought she was a former nurse.  I can't imagine that she can't find a nursing job now. The thing I've noticed with show hosts is that they are addicted to being on camera. If they leave, they don't seek out non-fame positions. They crave that face time on air.  As far as high salaries, if you google tv show host salary, it doesn't appear that they are super highly paid.  

What you don't understand or imagine Santorini, is nursing is a very technical job and as such, new skills must be learned all the time. Once you are out of a profession, esp. a technical one, you can't simply waltz back in and say I'm here to help.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yamma024 wrote:

If she was let go why would there be a non-compete for one year unless she was paid well to leave? 

FYI........many companies ask employees to sign a non-compete contract at time of hire. Very few are "paid well to leave." Unless,  of course you are a CEO, they do get gold parachutes.

Honored Contributor

They may be traveling the Intracoastal Waterway, a 3000-mile inland waterway along the Atlantic and Gulf coasts.  I knew a couple that did that.  It's relatively safe compared to traveling the open seas.  

Respected Contributor

@Shepherd wrote:

@santorini wrote:

I thought she was a former nurse.  I can't imagine that she can't find a nursing job now. The thing I've noticed with show hosts is that they are addicted to being on camera. If they leave, they don't seek out non-fame positions. They crave that face time on air.  As far as high salaries, if you google tv show host salary, it doesn't appear that they are super highly paid.  

What you don't understand or imagine Santorini, is nursing is a very technical job and as such, new skills must be learned all the time. Once you are out of a profession, esp. a technical one, you can't simply waltz back in and say I'm here to help.

Don't tell me what I don't understand. If she really WANTED a job, there are ways to get back into that work environment.  She clearly wants to coast for a while. If that works for her, that's awesome. 

Honored Contributor

What does it matter if she doesn't go back to work right away?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Antonella wasn't a nurse, she was a medical technologist and worked in a lab..  (sorry the link isn't working like it was, apologies to all.)  

https://lancasteronline.com/news/hooked-on-antonella/article_057d410e-809e-5fab-a704-2b14ef37e055.ht...

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Regular Contributor

@santorini wrote:

@Shepherd wrote:

@santorini wrote:

Don't tell me what I don't understand. If she really WANTED a job, there are ways to get back into that work environment.  She clearly wants to coast for a while. If that works for her, that's awesome. 

Yes, of course you can tell us but we can't tell you anything. 

Regular Contributor

@santorini wrote:

@Shepherd wrote:

@santorini wrote:

Yes, it's statements like this "really WANTED a job" by people who haven't walked in another's shoes that I find insufferable.

Regular Contributor

@65and fabulous wrote:

Antonella said she worked in a Lab. If she was a nurse, she would not be able to return to nursing after all these years without going baack to school to be re-certified, get a nursing license, etc.  It's just not that easy! Nursing school is TOUGH! I think Antonella is old enough to hope for a more relaxed life.

Let's cheer her on, everyone! If they did not want to live on a boat, surely they could get a nice apartment. New England in Summer, Florida in Winter. Lots of people do this.  Let's follow her dream with her. They have both had a terrible, unexpected change of plans.  Let's root for them!

The nursing profession is tough. Best left to young people.