Honored Contributor

Re: Antonella answers questions in new video....

I am so glad Antonella is alright- watched her video and could see how very relieved she was..  I wish for her the very best.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Re: Antonella answers questions in new video....

[ Edited ]

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@Shepherd  My experience have been that you get a severance check/payout and in order to get that, you can't badmouth the company or go to a competitor for a set amount of time.

I can't imagine that she didn't get a fairly large amount to leave unless there was something that would get her fired, but I doubt she was fired, since it seemed to be a mass layoff of several hosts all at the same time.

I don't think your former company has the ability to limit your employment opportunities unless there was money that was paid to her to not go to the competition.

@CAcableGirl2 

I have a friend that worked in news television and most careers in broadcasting (TV or Radio) include a competitve clause to prevent them from starting a job with a new station right away.... I guess they dont want them to reveal the station's "trade secrets"..........

And we've had news anchors here in our city switch to a different station but there was a waiting period....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”