Honored Contributor

Antonella answers questions in new video....

If you're interested, Antonella posted a video answering the many questions from her fans.  Below is the link to the video.  Here are some highlights:

• She's taking the pets on the boat.  The sister took the horse.
  • Since they both lost their jobs, they had no choice but to sell the home.  They could no longer afford the mortgage.
  • Regarding employment, she's got a non-compete for one year.  He's tried, but not been able to secure a  job.
  • She's not retired.  She's a you-tuber now and will continue to make videos such as cooking videos, etc.  Yes, her boat kitchen is big enough to cook.
  • The boat idea has been a dream since their senior year in college.  They've always wanted to do it and given their current situation, it seemed like the ideal time.  Just like her dream of working in television, she's pursuing the dream of living on a boat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2UmIXF3wXY

Honored Contributor

Re: Antonella answers questions in new video....

I saw the video.  It does say they have thought about "sailing away" when they were in college but doesn't mention if they are experienced sailors.  I think if one is a novice sailor it could be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

Respected Contributor

I wish her well, and hope it works out great for her.

Respected Contributor

SheRe: Antonella answers questions in new video....

[ Edited ]

She and her husband are doing what a lot of folks are right now--trying to navigate through tough times. Sometimes the plan works and sometimes it fails, yet we push on. I have no idea how her venture will pan out but at !east she is in her "boat" with a partner who cares if they sink or swim. Personally, I would not be splashing my business on social media; however, it's her prerogative and likely part of the financial plan.

Valued Contributor

Very sad. Things always get better in time

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I saw the video.  It does say they have thought about "sailing away" when they were in college but doesn't mention if they are experienced sailors.  I think if one is a novice sailor it could be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

I believe they had a boat before.  She posted video.

Trusted Contributor

I thought maybe she'd mention something about her kids. I think Hope is the oldest & just turned 30. I think her boys are younger & she may have mentioned earlier that one of them will be going along. Just curious about that. 

I guess the next video she'll post will be about her arm.

Respected Contributor

She mentioned on air several times that she has some kind of medical degree.  I am sure she could find a job that is not in the category of non-compete.  Nothing will pay what she was making at the Q; from what I know from someone who works at HSN the hosts are paid very well, especially the long time hosts.  Not well, but very, very well and she was there for quite some time.  If she is choosing to live on a boat that is her choice, I am sure she could find a home less expensive than the one she sold.  I have had family members lose their jobs and none of them went to live on a boat and they are figuring it out how to live on less.

Honored Contributor

It sounds like they are looking forward to living on the boat. Nothing wrong with that. I have sailors in the family who have crossed the Atlantic in a sailboat also who have crewed on the Rolex Sydney Hobart yacht race in Australia . They also have lived on sailboats.I realize the sailboat thing sounds strange to some but is not as rare as some think. The husband sounds like he has experience especially since his Father owned a sailboat.

Esteemed Contributor

I am sorry for everyone who has fallen on hard times during this pandemic.  There are millions of stories.   I also worry about all the pets who are being abandoned by families who cant take care of them