Esteemed Contributor

Antonella and Martha

[ Edited ]

I'm watching Martha and Antonella on Martha's gardening show.  What a nice program.  Antonella actually has Martha chuckling.  Antonella is letting Martha talk and do what she likes to do.  She asks Martha questions that keep Martha in her element.  They are having a good time together.  Good pairing!!  Like them both!

Honored Contributor

I was thinking the same thing @Patriot3.  They are great together.  I'm really enjoying the show! 

I missed out on Martha's wall art planter though. My bad.

Honored Contributor

I agree, I thought they were delightful together.  Martha even seemed to enjoy it.  I think she's very credible as a presenter; I get the feeling she wouldn't put her name to something that she didn't think was exceptional quality or a good value.

Trusted Contributor

Patriot, Tptally agree with your observations. Martha and Antonella were great fun together. Antonella was not treating Martha as a starlet. Antonella was natural. Such a pleasure to watch. Q!!!!!! TAKE NOTICE. More Antonella with Martha!!!!!!!!!. GREAT ENJOYMENT. Thank you Q

Valued Contributor

I thought Antonella was playing dumb so that Martha could play the know it all.  I don't mean this is a bad way.  If it works, go with it.  I just didn't care for it and did turn the channel.  

Regular Contributor

I loved the show.  Antonella seemed to bring out the lighter side of Martha.  I think Antonella is fun when she hosts, but she never over shadows the guest.  She asks pertainent questions and draws the guest into the conversation.  I thought it interesting that Martha said at the end of the show that Antonella had made the show go by so very fast.  It is a gift when the host has the ability to make the guest forget about themselves and just relax.  Great show!

Trusted Contributor

Saltysails:  I agree w/you that I thought that was happening at points during the show - other times maybe not so much.  

I think some of the other hosts do the "play dumb" scenario also; i.e. Shawn w/Isaac sometimes.

Again not a bad thing.

Valued Contributor

@Patriot3wrote:

I'm watching Martha and Antonella on Martha's gardening show.  What a nice program.  Antonella actually has Martha chuckling.  Antonella is letting Martha talk and do what she likes to do.  She asks Martha questions that keep Martha in her element.  They are having a good time together.  Good pairing!!  Like them both!

Great post IMO! She knew exactly how to " handle Martha" to get the best out of her!                                                           bamasec

Valued Contributor

The two of them, had me rollng, what a good match. They need to put the two of them together more often. What a great show. It was the first time I've seen Martha so relaxed. 

Valued Contributor

@saltysails  I don't think Antonella was playing dumb.  She loves horses, her passion.  Gardens, like pruning, are not her thing.  I do my own pruning, put me on set with Martha, who has been trained by gardeners, I would just ask, "show me."