Respected Contributor

Re: Antonella and Justin last night 😂

Why do we even know about this “date”.....what does that have to do with products being sold?

Way too much personal nformation.

Valued Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

Why do we even know about this “date”.....what does that have to do with products being sold?

@alicedee  Seriously? The hosts always share personal information. They’re human beings who have a responsibility to not only sell products but to be relatable. It could be worse, they could be the type of person who looks to complain about anything and everything at every turn in a public forum. 

Respected Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

@alicedee  Seriously? The hosts always share personal information. They’re human beings who have a responsibility to not only sell products but to be relatable. It could be worse, they could be the type of person who looks to complain about anything and everything at every turn in a public forum. 

Seriously, MaryLamb.  Absolutely seriously.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

If you have an Italian American mother you totally understand..... 🤣 🤣 

And they still managed to get a lot of product info out there too...  😄

@Spurt  Ah, yes, I do understand Smiley Happy.  Just ask me.  I thought the whole thing w/Justin and Antonella was cute.

Trusted Contributor

As someone with two Italian grandmothers, I could so relate. I enjoyed the segment.

Valued Contributor

Sounds ridiculous to me. Supposed to be a shopping network not for entertainment. I stopped watching QVC because Of the hosts’ silly chit chat.
Valued Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:
Sounds ridiculous to me. Supposed to be a shopping network not for entertainment. I stopped watching QVC because Of the hosts’ silly chit chat.

@HB glamma  I’m pretty sure QVC is supposed to be entertaining as well as informative. If they didn’t intend it to be fun and enjoyable to watch, the hosts which you find silly wouldn’t have lasted so long. 

Valued Contributor

We each have our opinions it seems. I will say from reading these boards that many have stopped watching because of the hosts behavior. People may still order from web but wish to bypass the on air nonsense.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought it was a funny, lighthearted presentation.😊   Thanks for the thread, @Ane1Care!   Evidently Justin enjoyed it, since he posted an excerpt from it prominently on his own Facebook page.  "Mom, Dad... meet Antonella Nester QVC.  Oh; by the way, I took her daughter out on a date once.":

https://www.facebook.com/JustinSochovkaTV/videos/415242729107602/

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

If you have an Italian American mother you totally understand..... 🤣 🤣 

And they still managed to get a lot of product info out there too...  😄

@Spurt   you are totally right !!   I have an Italan mother and she was always trying to fix me up with a friends son, a neighbors son etc . when I was young lol !!   It's what they do and embarrassing at times  too ,  but that's the way Italan mom's are .   I love Antonella she's a hoot ,   Reminds me of my favorite aunt Delphina.