Honored Contributor

Re: Antonella Nester should build her own brand

@MrSour  I think the point Antonella is making is that if you seek her out to look at her videos, you accept her as she is naturally in her home.  Stained top from cooking, food falling out of pans onto the floor, hair up in a messy bun, telling jokes, talking about childhood friends, etc.  It's her natural element in her home.  

She's not doing these videos as Antonella, former TV host.  She's doing them as just Antonella.  The majority of her FB followers on her new page are ecstatic to interact with her now on a more personal level.  

Valued Contributor

good I am glad everyone is happy but I don't understand why this would make a difference 

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

So now we have daily Antonella Nester threads I hope LR does not get jealous

or Patti Riley

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

AN was always an immediate channel chager for me. Way too loud, constant laughing and hair and nails too much. Not for me.

4DC56DF6-0281-4A67-874D-CC4D5928C590.jpeg

HA! if that happened, this board would disappear and QVC's sales would drop into the cellar. The suits don't care what people on this MB as long as they keep talking.

Occasional Contributor

Lisa has her own on line boutique and Facebook group. It's small and very personal. It's delightful and Lisa's taste is still very classy. Many of the customers have become on-line friends who support each other. They have even taken cruises together. Unlike QVC, Lisa appreciates her employees. David Markstein, long time gold buyer for QVC, works with  her. She is a good friend of Antonella Nester and has seen her since her QVC departure. The calulated and unkind treatment of Antonella (and Jill Bauer for that matter) in my opininion is ungrateful and unappreciatieve of their efforts and long term service.  QVC also  has had many management and system problems in the last four or five years and let Quality Controll and Customer Service deline. I would think they would try to hold on to a better image and their loyal long time customers. Antonella is much loved by many customers, hosts and vendors. She is warm and genuine.  I guess QVC management doesn't understand that this is her appeal and what makes it fun watching her. No one is loved by everyone but Antonella is very popular across the board. The fake happiness and party party behavior that many of  the remaining hosts ( because they are probably running in fear for their jobs) is depressing, at least to me. QVC has clearly given the message no matter how good the employee is at his job, how dedicated or how popular, he is not safe from the corporate axe if he has been around too long and makes too much money. Many people experience this treatment in their own lives. It isn't exactly an escape for them to watch it played out on TV.  Apparently Mike George has forgotten he is the CEO of an entertainement channel. Oh well, maybe TV shopping is on the downhill slide in general. 

Occasional Contributor

My friends who work in big corporations explained this to me. I have actually seen it happen to people myself, even to a recognized famous person. They demean you, criticize you, make you doubt yourself, demote you, berate you until you start slipping in your behavior, and you start making mistakes. Then they fire you. This treatment is doled out usually near someone's reitrement or to long timers  who make too much money. It doesn't matter how good they are at their job or how dedicated. It is ugly and if you want people to enjoy watching your channel and buying fairly dumb to do with the people out front. Antonella is probably better off because QVC is clearly a mess these days but the woman still needs to make a living and frankly she missed by customers and probably vendors. As for myself,  I would watch cleaning shows (something I really don't enjoy)  if Antonella was the host because the vendors were having a good time with her and it was a happy energy. Good luck to all the QVC employees. There are many fine people who work in this company. Hopefully they will get some creative, constructive management on board.

Honored Contributor

We have NO idea what went on between the hosts' that were let go and the powers that be at the Q.  If they wanted us to know the details then they'd make it all public. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

I    DON'T   CARE