Respected Contributor

Re: Antonella Nester should build her own brand

[ Edited ]

AN was always an immediate channel chager for me. Way too loud, constant laughing and hair and nails too much. Not for me.

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

AN was always an immediate channel chager for me. Way too loud, constant laughing and hair and nails too much. Not for me.

4DC56DF6-0281-4A67-874D-CC4D5928C590.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

hopi wrote:

Building your own brand is extremely intensive, costly and excessive amounts of work.    Antonella appears to be laid back.  Hopefully she will find a niche.  Ageism is alive and strong at Q.  50 year old women are considered throws by many.

@hopi    I'd say older women are holding their own and doing quite well at QVC.  I don't recall a single older woman being tossed aside until Antonella came along.  IMO she had it coming. 

Do you have statistics that show there is prejudice against older women at the Q?

Do you have statistics showing not?    Look at all of the women hosts and vendors that you used to visually see on Q......They are gone.

That being said they have gotten rid of many of the older men

so you could be right the ageism is not sexist, just ageism.

Respected Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

4DC56DF6-0281-4A67-874D-CC4D5928C590.jpeg

This is an opinion board. I found her unwatchable. To each his own. 
Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

hopi wrote:

Building your own brand is extremely intensive, costly and excessive amounts of work.    Antonella appears to be laid back.  Hopefully she will find a niche.  Ageism is alive and strong at Q.  50 year old women are considered throws by many.

@hopi    I'd say older women are holding their own and doing quite well at QVC.  I don't recall a single older woman being tossed aside until Antonella came along.  IMO she had it coming. 

Do you have statistics that show there is prejudice against older women at the Q?

@Kachina624.......Why do you think Antonella “had it coming?” Just curious 😱 Do you actually know why she was let go?

@Naturesbeauty    Of course I don't have statistics on her sales but her general demeanor and attitude had deteriorated to the point where she was virtually unwatchable.  She was desperately unhappy about something and it was reflected in her work.  She all but begged to be discharged.  It was possibly the best thing that could have happened for her own sake.  She was normally such a happy, go-lucky type of personality that the decline was very sad.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

hopi wrote:

@Kachina624.......Why do you think Antonella “had it coming?” Just curious 😱 Do you actually know why she was let go?

@Naturesbeauty    Of course I don't have statistics on her sales but her general demeanor and attitude had deteriorated to the point where she was virtually unwatchable.  She was desperately unhappy about something and it was reflected in her work.  She all but begged to be discharged.  It was possibly the best thing that could have happened for her own sake.  She was normally such a happy, go-lucky type of personality that the decline was very sad.

I think there are many who would disagree with your post. To make a statement like that......you would have to have known her on a personal level. You cannot judge some one by looking at them on TV. Just saying....😱
Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty   Contrast Antonella on the day she left QVC with what she was the first years she worked there, then tell me she can't be judged.  Night and day.  We as viewers judge by what we see and hear.  With Antonella, it was easy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Seemed to me that she was going through a mid life crisis or something.  

Honored Contributor

@hippiechick7897 wrote:
De
Ja
Vu

@hippiechick7897 ALL OVER AGAIN!  Woman Very Happy

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

yes that's a good idea she would make a fortune selling spaghetti stained tops