Respected Contributor

Re: Antonella Nester/arm/go read her Facebook

One never really knows until the pathology reports come back.  Things can look like one thing to the naked eye & the path report comes back with something else.  I wish her well.

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

Medical insurance.  I hope she has lots and lots of it with good benefits.  She is in for some expensive treatments, if what is currently being discussed here is accurate. 

@maximillian 

With both of them having lost their jobs, I too wonder about insurance.

Any illness can eat through savings rather quickly, job or no job.

I know that Antonella and her husband will figure things out, but it isn't going to be "smooth sailing" for the immediate future .

QVC is a large enough organization that they would be required to offer the opportunity to continue any medical insurance for 18 months under COBRA. In some cases it could extend up to 36 months. The cost to the former employee is 102% of the premium. Additonally, it's not uncommon for health insurance to be continued at the employee rate for a period of time as part of a seperation agreement. After that runs out, then the opportunity for COBRA would kick in. Due to M&A activity, I've had personal experience with this. We don't know (and it's not our business) if this is something that was offered to those hosts who were seperated, but it is possible. At any rate, offering COBRA coverage is mandatory. 

Also, job loss is a qualifying event under the ACA, and one can obtain private pay coverage outside of the November open enrollment period, so this is also an option. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

She told all her fans she would give an update yesterday (12th), but she never did.  I know many are concerned.  Hope she will be okay.

Honored Contributor

Many people forgo Cobra when their income has been so drastically reduced.  Here's hoping she was not one of those people.  I can't  imagine having any worse luck.  

Honored Contributor

Most of the time if people have Hodgkins, they say they have Hodgkins, not that they have lymphoma.  That usually indicates they have non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

I honestly don't see the need for the chart to have been posted here with those statistics.  You never know what anyone on this board is going through and to see that might be a little jarring.  If anyone wanted more information, they certainly can go look things up themselves.

There are many different types of lymphoma.  Some more aggressive than others.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

i don't understand the need for people to be speculating as to why she didn't give an update on the day that she went to discuss the situation with her physician. Maybe she wanted to share what she learned with her actual family. Just a thought..

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

i don't understand the need for people to be speculating as to why she didn't give an update on the day that she went to discuss the situation with her physician. Maybe she wanted to share what she learned with her actual family. Just a thought..

She replied yesterday to someone on her feed @mom2four0418 . With over 5000 well wishes, I thought it was extraordinary that she responded to anyone. She was clearly trying to figure everything out and needs time to absorb the diagnosis. 

The responses were heartfelt and many shared their own journey with cancer. I was in her place, 31 years ago and know how frightening the diagnosis can be. My heart goes out to her and I pray with treatment she will be able to fully recover. She has many who care for her...

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Goodness. I have lymphoma.
For starters, the broad division is either Hodgkins or non hodgkins (NHL).
Hodgkins is quite curable mostly see it in younger patients.

Non Hodgkins (NHL) has TWO broader categories: aggressive and indolent.
Aggressive has many types....and it can be fatal quckly. However, it CAN BE CURED.

Indolent has many types (I have Marginal Zone Lymphoma MZL with lymphoplasmacytic iffierentiation. Indolent lymphomas mostly are diagnosed in older people, often folks over 65 yrs old. (I am 76 yrs old). Although more and more younger folks in their 40s are now getting it.  Indolent lymphomas, such as Follicular, marginal zone, Waldenstroms etc....are NOT curable. But they are treatable.

So for those who really care about Antonella, I would advide to listen to her and try to understand where she is at in the divisions of lymphoma and support her. She's a people person and needs support.
For those who don't care about Antonella, question her purpose in posting etc....you really are sad. If you don't like a cancer patient best not to post about them and for sure if someone says they have cancer, they aren't lying. 
Good God, people. Don 'you understand? It is the most horrifying thing ever to have lymphoma. Just pray or keep good thoughts.....or forget about her. But don't drag her through the mud. 

Super Contributor

I should add, as to why she is posting this information, at first when you find out the diagnosis for real, you are in SHOCK. I can't explain why you tell people. But I did the same. it is as though you yourself can't believe it and keep repeating it....not knowing why. It is the state of shock.
Everyone is different. This morning I got a message from a dear friend who lives on the other side of the country from me. She had breast cancer several years ago.  Well, this morning she was going for a gamma knife treament on THREE tumors in her brain, metasacized from her breast cancer, generally terminal diagnosis.  She is 47 yrs old.  She was asking me to pray because she knew I understood how she felt.
Not everyone reacts the same, so do not try to understand how someone who has just gotten this kind of diagnosis reacts. Accept it....or quietly walk away.

Super Contributor

@catnappurr wrote:
She did announce 2 weeks ago she was fine? I went and checked it yesterday on her fb account. Maybe she jumped the gun, but the doctors should have mentioned it was going out for biopsy. She worked in the medical profession before she worked at the Q! I WISH her all the best! Praying for her!

Because biopsies take quite a while, as I know from life experience.
When you first awaken from anesthetic you are not thinking rationally. 
I too SWORE that I heard everything was fine. Well, they said I made it through the biopsy fine. A week later I was told I had lymphoma via a phone call.

She was clearly reacting while still affected by the anethstic she was given.