Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@greeenie wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

@Westshopper wrote:

I liked him the few times I saw him on air wee hours of the A.M. Just hope he didn't buy a house already.

You do realize that some of these new hosts sold homes in order to relocate, right?

That means they had no choice but to put the proceeds back into more real estate.

They cannot just "pocket the money".

They will pay capital gains taxes if they do.

Single taxpayers can shelter $250,000 of the profit and married taxpayers can shelter $500,000 if they have lived in the home for 2 of the 5 years preceding the sale.

People buy new homes to move to new employment all the time and people sell homes to move all the time fired or not. What's the big deal about someone having to pay taxes on the sale anyway? That's what tax advisers and accountants are for. I'm sure that Q hosts don't come to this board for financial advise anyway.

I think you missed the point.  There are posts essentially accusing the new hosts of being frivolous for buying a home rather than renting a place.

My response was a polite attempt to show those critics that there are real, practical and legitimate reasons that may make a host buy a house immediately rather than rent and then buy.

No one even mentioned a host coming on here for advice.

As for paying taxes on the profits from a house sale ~ Most people try to avoid it.

Honored Contributor

I only watch during the daytime hours, so I rarely get to see a new host.  I wih they'd give the new hosts some daytime hours to give them a chance at a potentially larger audience so they can meet quota perhaps.  IMHO, they can take a couple of the daytime hosts and move them to nights for a good while, namely KL and JC, for example.  Seems like they are on all the time!!!!

Super Contributor

I usually refrain from adding commentary to threads on hosts but am making an exception...I liked him, and agree he was articulate, calm, bright, and mature. I hesitate to take the young gals seriously when they clearly are hired and put on air selling things they really know nothing about. I'd rather see the guest expert by themselves. Will add, sorry to see Jill depart and wish her continued successes in life. Meanwhile, I am shopping Evine for seasoned hosts and a break from the same old brands.

Respected Contributor

I thought he did a good job.

Esteemed Contributor

I felt he was fairly mediocre—he was polite and had a nice voice and overall demeanor, but he never seemed quite prepared for most of his shows. It was surprising to me that he had been a QVC host before. I agree with the speculation in this thread that he probably arrived with other future plans in mind and this was just a temporary gig...

Super Contributor

I didn't like him...it was like Q was trying to make its own Adam Freeman.  I didn't realize he was gone though.  It seemed like he was on all the overnight/early AM shows and then poof.  Maybe they have probation periods to get through.  There was a female host on HSN a few years ago on in the early mornings who had a heavy accent, kinda like Sophia Vergara when she plays up her accent.  She was hard to understand that I had to turn it off.  She wasn't around long either.  HSN had a guy, Geoff Cowan who was on all the time then poof as well.  I think he was Austrailian.

Respected Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Hes gone but how is Kristine Zell still there. I swear she must know the CEO of the company..she continually gives wrong sizes, wrong info and does not do.her homework.

Exactly! She's awful and still there, yet others are gone. 

Esteemed Contributor
I had seen him a few times on overnight shows. I just had a feeling he wouldn’t last.
Honored Contributor

I can't tolerate to listen to a British accent for minutes let alone an hour show. I watched him for a few minutes several times and liked him, but not the accent. I hate to see anyone lose a job, but I have a feeling more heads are going to roll. The Q didn't  hire all those new people for sh--s and giggles.

Trusted Contributor

@Tukey wrote:

I didn't like him...it was like Q was trying to make its own Adam Freeman.  I didn't realize he was gone though.  It seemed like he was on all the overnight/early AM shows and then poof.  Maybe they have probation periods to get through.  There was a female host on HSN a few years ago on in the early mornings who had a heavy accent, kinda like Sophia Vergara when she plays up her accent.  She was hard to understand that I had to turn it off.  She wasn't around long either.  HSN had a guy, Geoff Cowan who was on all the time then poof as well.  I think he was Australian.

I remember the female host you are referencing.  Her accent was very heavy and it was hard to understand her.  

Geoff Cowen was a good host.  Very calm and informative.